• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dupius

Dupius

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hi 

Apologies if this seems a no-brainer - but the same might be said for certain of my Talisman group…

I pick up the False Grail - "you may not not accept any quests until you rid yourself of the False Grail by visiting the castle".  I have a better idea - visit the nearby Alchemist and turn it to gold.  Naturally this is disputed, but a quick check of the Forums shows that this is legit.

The others then have a brainwave:  yes I can turn my False Grail to gold, but I haven't satisfied the condition of ridding myself of it "by visiting the castle" so I will still be unable to accept any quests.  And now that I've alchemized the thing, I'll never be able to meet that condition. I'll have to look elsewhere for my Talisman, they chuckle with malicious glee and smug self-satisfaction.

Please, in the name of all that is reasonable: what's the ruling on this?  

It would also help if there were a more general ruling, to the effect that conditions specific to objects / followers / whatever only last so long as the card is in play - once the card is discarded (or transferred to another player), the condition no longer applies - unless the card exlicitly says otherwise.  I would see something similar with the Hag for example - "You may have no other Followers until you rid yourself of the Hag by visiting the Village Mystic" - i.e. once you've rid yourself of the Hag (whether by visiting the Mystic, or at the Chasm for example), you are free to have followers again.

#2 allawi

allawi

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Hmm, your friends seems like jerks to me :),

If the initial move was legit (turn the False Grail into gold) I would argue that once you get rid of the card, you also get rid of the condition of that specific card. Lets wait and see what the veteran guys says but it seems like you are right and your friends are just plain evil.

regards

allawi 

#3 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Once you lose the grail, the condition has been removed.

#4 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Once the False Grail has been turned into gold, you are free of the restrictions on the card!

Ell.

#5 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

I disagree….I am sure an alchemist would know if this grail was false. I am sure he wouldn't A. Want it ….or B. Be able to turn it to gold. Not to mention the rules for ridding yourself of the "curse" or "disadvantage" are clearly stated on the card….visit the castle.

#6 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

Mimm said:

I disagree….I am sure an alchemist would know if this grail was false. I am sure he wouldn't A. Want it ….or B. Be able to turn it to gold. Not to mention the rules for ridding yourself of the "curse" or "disadvantage" are clearly stated on the card….visit the castle.

Sorry you are wrong. In the FAQ it explains about Followers like the Hag & Poltergeist and the fact that they can't be ditched, but they can be lost by any other means. You cannot ditch the False Grail either, but it can be converted into gold with the Alchemist!

Ell.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS