Active Action Rules

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

I just have two questions about active actions from the core rulebook. It says that after you take a move action, you take a -25 to an attack made afterwards. My question is, if you were to attack first, and THEN move, would you take a -25 to your move (which makes absolutely no sense) or is it just not possible to move afterwards.

My second question was on additional attacks. If I understand correctly, you gain a penalty-free attack for every 100 points you have in the attack skill. Does using this extra attack count towards the total number of active actions that are allowed (based on your dexterity and agility)?

Thanks in advance, and please correct me if I am wrong on any accounts.

#2 Sofia Corba

Sofia Corba

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Nurddude said:

I just have two questions about active actions from the core rulebook. It says that after you take a move action, you take a -25 to an attack made afterwards. My question is, if you were to attack first, and THEN move, would you take a -25 to your move (which makes absolutely no sense) or is it just not possible to move afterwards.

My second question was on additional attacks. If I understand correctly, you gain a penalty-free attack for every 100 points you have in the attack skill. Does using this extra attack count towards the total number of active actions that are allowed (based on your dexterity and agility)?

Thanks in advance, and please correct me if I am wrong on any accounts.

Hi.

I don't have the book right here, so I can't give numbers and quoted knowledge.

Before/during initiative you have to declare the numbers of your actions. These are limited by your Dexterity and Agility. But I can't remember how the penalty works. But I'm pretty sure you can move after an attack.

But I can answer Your second question. Every 100 Points you can use an additional Attack. All attacks count as ONE Active Action, but the more attacks you make the more penalty you have to deal with. For every attack after the first one there's a cumulative penalty of -25.

<100 Attack = max. 1 Attack

100<200 Attack = max. 2 Attacks -> 1 Attack = no penalty; 2 Attacks = penalty of -25 for both attacks

200<300 Attack = max. 3 Attacks -> 1 Attack = no penalty; 2 Attacks = penalty of -25 for both attacks; 3 Attacks = penalty of -50 for all three attacks.

~ Sofia Corba

#3 Raybras

Raybras

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

If you only move 1/4 of your max speed before your attack, you dont get any penalty because it is counted as a passive action

#4 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Nurddude said:

Yes, you can attack and afterwards move AND you get the -25 penalty to movement IF you need to make a check.

For example, you kill something, which explodes, after it is kill. Now, you think it is a good idea to get as far away as possible, before it explodes. Therefore, you take your second active action to actually run. This would be an athleticsm check, to get a higher movement and/or to run longer. This check would be penalized with the -25.

Also, if you would move into "difficult terrain" (there is a spell, who makes an area "slippery" and everyone in this terrain must make a acrobatics or athleticsm check or falling prone), they penalty would count in my group (because the movement was the second action and the movement made the check nessecary). Also, your GM could ask for a check, if you try something like "parcour" through a city or wood (it would be a movement action, but with a check).

But usually, the penalty on movement doesn't change much.

So long,

#5 Nurddude

Nurddude

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

F3nr1s said:

Yes, you can attack and afterwards move AND you get the -25 penalty to movement IF you need to make a check.

For example, you kill something, which explodes, after it is kill. Now, you think it is a good idea to get as far away as possible, before it explodes. Therefore, you take your second active action to actually run. This would be an athleticsm check, to get a higher movement and/or to run longer. This check would be penalized with the -25.

Also, if you would move into "difficult terrain" (there is a spell, who makes an area "slippery" and everyone in this terrain must make a acrobatics or athleticsm check or falling prone), they penalty would count in my group (because the movement was the second action and the movement made the check nessecary). Also, your GM could ask for a check, if you try something like "parcour" through a city or wood (it would be a movement action, but with a check).

But usually, the penalty on movement doesn't change much.

So long,

So you only take a -25 penalty if you are trying to do "special" movement that requires a check. The -25 would not affect full movement in any other way.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS