• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Yeah,
I just saw this on eBay. I wish I had that kinda Cash to throw around!
I don't blame the guy for cashing in on FFGs problems …

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35c18a767c

Panic…

#2 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well - it does have a best offer option ;)

EDIT - LOL - and he is also charging shipping…..

#3 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

We are having a lot of difficulty getting Starters and Wave 1 ships in.  I would expect to see ridiculous markups on TIE Adv., Starters and especially Y-Wings within the week.  I hope the current restocking issue gets resolved soon, I'm still waiting on my Y-Wings and it's been a month since I ordered them.  I'm not at all surprised to see one of the few Falcons up on eBay for a large sum, but I think most of us can wait, even if we would rather not. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#4 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

It's kind of a shame, but it's his prerogative. Hope it pays for his trip, if anyone buys it.

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#5 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Gee, that's only a 1000% mark up from what I could get from having a little patience.

#6 lokirising

lokirising

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Seriously? $250.00?

#7 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Looks like he is from WI, so, yeah, looks like that should cover most of the cost of the trip - especially if he didn't spend the night.

Someone is bound to make him an offer ;)

#8 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I think 29.95 is a good offer.  I'll even wait until February for it to be shipped, or just win my own at the KRT.  Although I'd probably pick the Firespray first. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#9 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Maybe he just doesn't really care about having the ship three months early, and is taking advantage of people who will give him 75 dollar offers for it?  Good on him for taking advantage of people's desires to pay premium dollars for things that aren't officially out yet.  It's not like he's aiming to sell it for 250, he's just fishing the market for offers.

#10 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

CaptainRook said:

We are having a lot of difficulty getting Starters and Wave 1 ships in.  I would expect to see ridiculous markups on TIE Adv., Starters and especially Y-Wings within the week.  I hope the current restocking issue gets resolved soon, I'm still waiting on my Y-Wings and it's been a month since I ordered them.  I'm not at all surprised to see one of the few Falcons up on eBay for a large sum, but I think most of us can wait, even if we would rather not. 

Where on planet Earth are you, and can I help?

And my contribution to the thread. The Falcon is cool, but it ain't $250.00 cool. Not when I can get as many as I want for $30 in February.  I got dollars to spend on the LCG.

#11 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Honestly I'm surprised he's willing to let it go so cheap.  

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook.com/groups/swgon/ Star Wars Gaming Ontario formerly known as Star Wars Miniatures Toronto

#12 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

…and it has Sold :)

#13 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

yeah,
I agree with R5Don4 that he could have gotten alot more for it. once you get into silly money territory why stop at $250…
Affluent gamers are renown for dropping ridiculous ammounts of money to get stuff like this..It might have even made $1K.

For the rest of us, we'll have to win one or proxy if we wanna play with a Falcon before February.

Panic…

#14 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

qwertyuiop said:

CaptainRook said:

Where on planet Earth are you, and can I help?

And my contribution to the thread. The Falcon is cool, but it ain't $250.00 cool. Not when I can get as many as I want for $30 in February.  I got dollars to spend on the LCG.

If there had been something unique about the prize ones I'd keep it, but since its the same as what everyone will be able to buy in a couple months I'd have sold it now and then used part of the money from it to preorder the Falcon plus the rest of wave 2.

#15 Fredrik

Fredrik

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Looks like it is up again or another of the 4 selling it: LINK

I says that it is not complete. What is missing more then the box?

#16 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Fredrik said:

They kept all the upgrade cards.

Be seeing you.

#17 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

magadizer said:

Fredrik said:

And this incomplete one is listed at $500. I will be surprised if this one sells…I wouldn't even consider it without the upgrade cards.

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#18 Ismar

Ismar

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

I made a Best Offer of $15, since it's not complete and you will be able to buy a new one in a few months for $20 online.  I doubt he'll go for it, but what the heck.  It's all it's worth to me.

[EDIT] - Already declined, that was fast!

#19 Ismar

Ismar

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

magadizer said:

Fredrik said:

Nope, he's selling all the upgrade cards in other auctions.  Get this, 4 single cards at $90 each, plus 2 auctions with double cards for $180 and $190.  Best part, $71.28 shipping?!?

r5d4rules is the seller.

Best of luck.

#20 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

LOL hes selling the cards indivually for 90$…. I dont think he understands the value of a dollar (however Im sure there are people with more money then they can spend)

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS