Core Spoiler List, Work in Progress @CardGameDB

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi everyone, for those that don't know what I do I run a website (http://www.cardgamedb.com) which has spoilers, deckbuilders, forums, articles, etc for the FFG LCGs.

Now that some people have the core sets in hand I'm in the process of compiling a text spoiler. I'm looking for anyone who has spoiler information to help so I can fill out this google doc spreadhseet

https://docs.google....TENlM1VzS1NWUHc

I'm also looking for anyone willing to send me card scans or would be willing to let me scan their cards so I can add them to the visual Star Wars LCG spoiler on cardgamedb.

If anyone is willing to help send me a message here or on cardgamedb. I'll be checking this thread and my main thread on cardgamedb for any information.

Thanks!

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#2 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

yes, please. thank you!

#3 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

And the text spoiler list is complete, special thanks to Andy Mills for the hard work of entering in all that information.

I've got a couple messages about people willing to scan but I could always use more so drop me a line if anyone with the game would be willing to do alittle scanning.

Cardgamedb.com - The source for Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Android: Netrunner, Lord of the Rings, Call of Cthulhu, and Warhammer: Invasion deckbuilders and spoilers. Now with 100% more FFG!

#4 hyperion_pb

hyperion_pb

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Many thanks for all that. From what I saw, the game will a a pleasant and different feeling from the older Decipher game, and also from various existing LCGs. This looks good! 

#5 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

Visual spoiler is coming along nicely, I've got Smuggler and Imperial Navy done so far and I'm working on Sith and Scum next. Also in each objective set I've got a stats section which I'm adding to that gives totals and averages for the Objective Set as a whole. 

Smuggler:
Questionable Contacts Objective Set 15

Imperial Navy:
Kuat Reinforcements Objective Set 27
The Ultimate Power Objective Set 28
Death and Despayre Objective Set 29
Defense Protocol Objective Set 30
The Endor Gambit Objective Set 31
Take Them Prisoner Objective Set 32

#6 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Are those all of the Imperial Navy objectives? I thought each side had 7. Objective Set 33 should also be Navy, right? (EDIT: Nevermind, 33 would be the Scum pod; Objective Set 26 would be Navy.)

And great work, Darksbane and everyone who's contributing. I'm so excited to see more of the cards.

#7 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hmm, looks like I am missing one Imperal Navy OSet. I'll contact my scanners to see if I can get that.

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Interesting that the Death Star pictured on the "Death and Despayre" objective is unmistakably the Death Star II, though the flavor text and title are a reference to the first Death Star. I would have preferred them to have an illustration based on the way the partially-completed DS-1 looks in The Force Unleashed…but I suppose there's plenty of time for such nods to the EU down the road.

#9 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

MarthWMaster said:

Interesting that the Death Star pictured on the "Death and Despayre" objective is unmistakably the Death Star II, though the flavor text and title are a reference to the first Death Star. I would have preferred them to have an illustration based on the way the partially-completed DS-1 looks in The Force Unleashed…but I suppose there's plenty of time for such nods to the EU down the road.

I'm woefully under-versed in the EU (never read any of the books, though The Thrawn Trilogy is near the top of my To Read list, and I think the only game I've played is KOTOR), but why is that unmistakably the Death Star II: The Legend of Curly's Gold? I would've thought that either Death Star would look more or less like that at that stage of construction.

#10 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Watch the end of Episode III again. If I'm not mistaken, the Death Star has a skeletal structure that completes the spherical shape, as opposed to the Death Star II that looks like huge chunks have been torn out.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#11 Darksbane

Darksbane

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

The Missing Imperial Navy Set

Imperial Command Objective Set 26

#12 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Budgernaut said:

Watch the end of Episode III again. If I'm not mistaken, the Death Star has a skeletal structure that completes the spherical shape, as opposed to the Death Star II that looks like huge chunks have been torn out.

There's that of course, but if you Google an image of "Death Star II," it looks fully identical to the Death Star shown on "Death and Despayre." Given that the second battle station is several times larger than the first (900km width versus the first Death Star's 160km), it's unlikely IMO that the two would be so closely aligned at any point during their construction so as to be indistinguishable.

I like that some units, like Admiral Motti in the "Imperial Command" set, are able to generate resources. It's a good way for the game to incorporate the use of officer-type characters without forcing them to occupy a combat role.

#13 AshesFall

AshesFall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

I like the themes that start to become apparent through the factions. The imperial navy seems to be all about plentiful lower quality troops with a few medium strength ones (and with one notable exception, holy **** devestator is awesome). it also seems to be about efficiently advancing the death star dial through enhanced destruction of enemy objectives (Tarkin, Own objective effects, Superlaser) and through sepcial cards (devestator, imperial officer).

I've pondered building my own decks on around 12 objectives (60 cards seem to be decent, even with maximum rotation of the cards in hand it lasts for 10 turns), and among those I would certainly double up on "the ultimate power" and "death and despayre". I havent seen the "all low cost stormtroopers" objective advertised in the gencon video, it could be neutral. Maybe one or two of those and an extra "take them prisoner" for trooper assault?

Starting to see some awesome fun to be had with this… once one objective is down, the LS player must be extremely wary at the turn of the dial to 10, as a single superlaser blast will end the game… 

So cool… 

#14 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

AshesFall said:

I havent seen the "all low cost stormtroopers" objective advertised in the gencon video, it could be neutral. Maybe one or two of those and an extra "take them prisoner" for trooper assault?

This is the dark side neutral objective.

#15 AshesFall

AshesFall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Toqtamish said:

AshesFall said:

I havent seen the "all low cost stormtroopers" objective advertised in the gencon video, it could be neutral. Maybe one or two of those and an extra "take them prisoner" for trooper assault?

This is the dark side neutral objective.

Hmm. It does seem to be somehow low quality troops focused :P. Werent there three "dark side neutral" sets in total? I'm probably confused…

#16 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

How are neutral dark side cards distinguished from neutral light side cards (other than the card backs, I mean)?

#17 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

MarthWMaster said:

How are neutral dark side cards distinguished from neutral light side cards (other than the card backs, I mean)?

That is how you tell the difference.

#18 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

AshesFall said:

Hmm. It does seem to be somehow low quality troops focused :P. Werent there three "dark side neutral" sets in total? I'm probably confused…

Only one neutral objective per side in the core set. You get two of each to go in to each of the 4 starter decks.

#19 houjix1138

houjix1138

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Toqtamish said:

AshesFall said:

Only one neutral objective per side in the core set. You get two of each to go in to each of the 4 starter decks.

There's 3 different ones per side with the limit 1 per deck coming with 2 copies, I believe.

#20 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

No, there are 3 Neutral objectives per side.

1 is not limited

1 is limited

and 1 is limited and comes with 2 copies.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS