• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hi all,

I'm Pelmir, more of a forum reader than writer. I've a question about additional attcks coreexxet-wise. Natural weapons and martial arts are small weapons (ie they have the -20 penalty per additional attak) or they're supposed to still use the -25 penalty? I'm asking this because i can't find in the core exxet any rule about how to consider natural weapons and martial arts AND because in the kempo section it's written that the penalty become -10 instead of -25.

Thank you for your help

#2 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

I can't remember, that "small weapons" had a different malus for additional attacks, than normal-sized or large weapons. I thought this malus was the same for everything (the used weapon doesn't matter), Therefore, it wouldn't nessecary to determine this.

But for area attacks it can be necessary, because: Bigger weapons can attack more enemies with an attack. AFAIK unarmed is for this a "normal sized weapon" (AFAIK with capoeira, you could make an area attack, like with a large weapon). And natural weapon are normaled counted as something similar to unarmed, but there, I would count the creature sized into it. If the creature is small, the natural weapon is also small, if it is normal sized, the natural weapon will be the same, and so on. (I would stop using this ruling, if the creature is so big, that all his attacks count as area attacks).

So long,

#3 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

The different penalities rule is a CoreExxet add. I can't quote the passage because I've the spanish version of the CoreExxet.

#4 Sakara

Sakara

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Pelmir said:

The different penalities rule is a CoreExxet add. I can't quote the passage because I've the spanish version of the CoreExxet.

Just out of curiosity, is there an English version of Core Exxet available, even if just as a .pdf? I've seen people mention core exxet in regards to rules changes, but I have been unable to find any version except Spanish.

#5 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

No, there isn't. Or at least I don't know. I've asked here because I know this is something of an international forum.

#6 Arikail

Arikail

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

I think the forums at http://cipher-studio...imaBB/index.php are more international than these, actually. I see a lot more discussion about the game and it's versions over there.

I don't remember the exact numbers from Core Exxet, but I do remember they changed the multiple attack rules to give a penalty based on weapon size. But, listed in the Spanish Web-Supplement 3, where it covers the basics of the changes in the Core Exxet, we have this bullet point on it:

Los ataques adicionales ya no sufren un penalizador de -25 con cualquier
arma, sino -20 las de tamaño pequeño, -30 las medianas y -40 las grandes.

My translation of that is:

Additional attacks no longer suffer a penalty of -25 for any weapon, but is -20 for small size, -30 medium, and -40 for large.

It doesn't say one way or the other for Unarmed attacks, but I'd go with Small size on those, since those are the same Ini. adjustment as daggers. Just my thoughts.

#7 Beadle

Beadle

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'm pretty sure there's a thread over at the Anima forums that Arikail mentioned that lists all the changes from Core Exxet.

I also know that someone there is in the process of translating pretty much EVERYTHING that's never been released in English (like Prometheum Exxet).

You don't get as many people here who use the Spanish or French source material as you do there, because FFG don't publish it.

#8 Pelmir

Pelmir

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

i've found an answer: coreExxet-wise martial arts and natural weapons are small weapons so they have the -20 penality per additional attack

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS