Boepp

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hi guys,

I played a couple of games yesterday and the following situatiion came up:

AX

BC

A,B and C were enemy squads and X was my squad. Can X see and attack B? I thought I was sure that he can't but the more I read the rules the more uncertain I am. I am pretty sure that I am hust thinking about it the wrong way so please help me out here,

Thanks

#2 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

I believe that, in your example, X cannot attack B.

I agree that it's not super clear from the rules.  However, I'm basing my conclusion on page 10 of the Revised Core Rulebook.

It says there "If a unit is adjacent to impassable terrain, it cannot target a unit who is also adjacent to impassable terrain when the units receive corner cover from different sides."

Squares A & C in your example both count as impassable terrain.  Since corner cover is provided by both squares, there is no line of sight between X & C.  Thus, no attack is possible.

For secondary evidence, look at page 9 of the Revised Core Rulebook.  The example there shows how a unit cannot MOVE at a diagonal between two impassable terrain squares.  I believe that the same logic applies to line of sight and attacks.

#3 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Kriegschatten said:

Since corner cover is provided by both squares, there is no line of sight between X & C. 

This should have read "X & B".

Stupid lack of an edit feature…

#4 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

IT's the basis rule of sight. Both other enemy sqads are blocking your LOS, and the LOS of the asked squad.

#5 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

If either X or B was a vehicle and A or C were squads, then the attack would be possible. If they're all squads, no can do.

#6 Boepp

Boepp

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the help guys it seems that I was overcmplicating things after thinking too much about that rule :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS