• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Dragonland II

This is a new alternative Dragonland board!

Any errors, opinions or suggestions?

#2 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

The image isn't loading… or at least not for me.

#3 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Try this one!

#4 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Keep getting a "Connecting to 1.1.1.2" on your image, and that's not a legitimate IP for any domain.  When I try to right-click "View" the image to load it cleanly into a new window, no web URL shows up in the address bar of any of my three different browsers.

#5 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Has anyone else problems to see the Dragonland II board?

I have no problems to see the picture. The URL works with my Internet explorer, Firefox, with my android tablet, and also with my smartphone!

The first link is taken from the BGG site http://boardgamegeek...-fourth-edition

Look at the URL for the BGG pictures they are http://1.1.1.2/

#6 sanityismyvanity

sanityismyvanity

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

Click me for full image

#7 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

The proper way to link to images at BGG is as follows:

1. Go to the image's page in the BGG gallery of your choice; do not try to choose the image from the "browse" page of the gallery.
  2. Select the size of the image on the image's page that you wish to display in the forum.
  3. Right-Click the image while holding the "Shift" key to then select "View Image" from the pop-up context menu in your browser; the plain image should open in a new browser window/tab.

NOTE: options for this may vary by browser; I use FireFox and SRWIron; both function the same way.

4. Copy the URL of the image from that new window/tab's address bar.
  5. Proceed to a new post on this forum and use the image URL to insert an image into your post. DO NOT POST YET!
  6. OPTIONAL: Select the tab in the image dialog for a link and link the image your are posting to the original BGG gallery page.

NOTE: People can now click the image to go to the BGG page. It is viewing friendly, and this forum is not for large images. You are also helping BGG with exposure for those who don't know it exists… instead of just pirating their bandwidth. Of course another way is to get yourself a free cloud account, such as at DropBox, etc. Host and link your own images.

7. Now post your image.

Example:

NOTICE that this view, though text is not readable, gives a much better visual of the land of the Dragons… with nice flow of imagery from one space to the next vs. a zoomed image at print resolution. And by following the instructions above, I didn't even have to monkey with image dimensions or rehost it elsewhere after manual reducing the resolution.

#8 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Please check your example picture URL! It is: http://1.1.1.3/bmi … Why is this better than my used URL?

… and check my second post, I use the free shareimages.com cloud!

… and I do not use any print resolution, print resolution is 300dpi! The picture I used is resized.

… and I do not want to use an overview picture, because people should be able to READ the text!

… and most viewers have no problems to see my pictures!

Okay, next time I'll try it different! Thanks for your Information!

#9 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

The URL of the image I linked above is: http://boardgamegeek...tion?size=large… and that is what I see no matter how I access / check the link.  Can you tell me what IP or domain you are seeing upon a Right-Click / Open in New Window / Mouse Hover?  At this point, it is possible this forum's serverside code is playing tricks and it wouldn't be the first time. 

As to the rest of the instructions, these were generally intended; and print resolution was perhaps a bad choice of words. I was referring to trying to get too big an enlargement to fit into the forum's motif, irregardless of specific resolution.

That most viewers don't mention any difficulties does not mean they didn't experience any. Most won't say anything at all and will just move on… as seen in a decade as a webhead in a consultancy. 

Once again, the instructions were general and I've even wondered if we should have a pinned topic herein where we can refine instructions and tricks to help others share here.  Wouldn't hurt, as some have given up in frustration; I know because I've heard from them off forum.

#10 nodgenesor

nodgenesor

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

JCHendee said:

That most viewers don't mention any difficulties does not mean they didn't experience any. Most won't say anything at all and will just move on… as seen in a decade as a webhead in a consultancy. 

This is absolutely spot on. I'm one of those people. Often I think that it's my outmoded software/hardware/connection/browser that's at fault. The FFG website often takes ages to load up on my machine, so I can't often tell the difference.

JCHendee said:

Once again, the instructions were general and I've even wondered if we should have a pinned topic herein where we can refine instructions and tricks to help others share here.  Wouldn't hurt, as some have given up in frustration; I know because I've heard from them off forum.

Great idea. I second it.

#11 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

nodgenesor said:

JCHendee said:

Once again, the instructions were general and I've even wondered if we should have a pinned topic herein where we can refine instructions and tricks to help others share here….

Great idea. I second it.

The trick, of course, is how to do it so that we all decide on what the final instructions for a trick should be… and then pin that topic… or a post in a "Tutorials" topic as the only one, so people don't have to page through too many screens to find what they need. Forums aren't the best for this kind of thing. And we've probably gone too far off topic for Azoic's focus here.

#12 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Overall very good.

I always liked "Dragons of Flame" by Jeff Easley. At Uni (many many years ago) I drew a 4' version on old computer printouts stuck together and had it hanging in my room. Here though it jarrs a bit for me, the toning is different to the other spaces, which flow very nicely in the main. I won't get into copyright issues etc.

edit: 

Forgot to say, purely asthetic but maybe not have the spaces so uniform in size, mix them up a bit.

Some of the effects seem a little random, I know that is the lifeblood of talisman but some are a bit puzzling.

e.g. Why would you get turned into a toad on a path ?

As for the image, earlier ones in thread just not there. Clicked on J.C's link then selected the "full size" option to read text. Worked fine for me.

#13 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

The new Dragonland 2013 board is now uploaded on Talisman Island.

The get the whole Dragonland stuff download also the 2011 version!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS