100 point game

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ologotai

Ologotai

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

My regular opponent and I played on Friday night.

I was Imperials and took Marek Steele with Marksmanship and Swarm Tactics, Dark Curse, two Black Squadron pilots and two Obsidian Squadron and two Academy pilots.  mart took a Horton Salm with Proton Torpedoes and R2, Gray Squadron pilot, Red Squadron Pilot with Protons and a Rookie Pilot.

All the Rebels were downed and I only lost one Academy Pilot and both Black Squadron pilots, with Dark Curse taking one damage (from hitting an asteroid!) and the Second Academy two hits.

Concentrated fire, flying in two Vics with Marek leading the Black Squadron and a Dark Curse the Academy pilots, served me well.  I made a couple of wrong moves, basically putting the opposite moves into the movement dials then I meant!, which put me out of position for a couple of turns and lost me my initial initiative.  Judicious use of the Evade action and some excellent Defence dice rolling came in helpful as well as Mart struggled to put anywhere near the level of damage pure statistics said he should have in the early exchanges.

Mart wasn't too sure of the two X-Wing, two Y-Wing combo and I must admit that taking Y-Wings without at least one of them having an Ion Cannon did strike me as odd.  That said the Y-Wings can really absorb some punishment.

Great fun though, looking forward to our next game where we'll swop sides.

Cheers

Andy

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS