Kessel Run In Manhattan NYC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, since I just started out with X-Wing. I judge for another game at a venue in Manhattan, and they asked me to run this event, and potentially many more in the future. It's a straightforward enough game that I should be able to judge events fairly easily. I'm studying the game now, and I'm loving it. I was on the fence until I was invited to run these events, and it settled the whole problem of indecision over collecting a new game line. I was 95% sold when I saw what was coming out in wave 2, so now I'm all in~!

So… Who lives in the NYC Metro Area and wants to get in on our Kessel Run Event?

The date we have penciled in is Sunday December 16th. The store is the legendary Compleat Strategist in Manhattan at 11 East 33rd Street (between Madison and Fifth Avenue) New York, NY 10016  ~212-685-3880

Hours: Monday-Wednesday - 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday - 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Thursday - 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday - Closed (although, we are open for a limited time on Sundays for the Holiday season, and so will be open on the 16th to run this event)

we'll follow all the rules for the event, and have a wave 2 set for prize support.

(this is all pending Fantasy Flight approval, but I see no reason why it should be denied us. we responded to the solicitation long before the deadline and are a long established store in a great market to feature their product)

Please do come in and join us. If there is a large enough turnout, we may be able to parlay this into an ongoing league~!!

#2 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hey everyone.

Here's an update on our event:

We were approved to run a Kessel Run event, and we are leaning towards starting a regular league for this game at the store, perhaps once a month. Player turn out will help us decide.

The event will take place on SATURDAY DECEMBER 15th.

We thought Saturday would be a better day than Sunday, so we move the date, since shipping delays on other products had us moving things around already.

I hope to see some of you there~!!!

#3 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

I will be there!

#4 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Here's an update:

December 15th is locked in~!!

I'm attaching this link below, which will take you to our event flyer. Feel free to share the link, print out flyers or help us promote however you can~! I'm super excited for this event~!!!

http://i431.photobuc...er_POSTER-B.png

#5 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

Staying on Target…

Kessel Run this Saturday~!

#6 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Lock s-Foils in attack formation!

the Kessel Run event at Compleat Strategist is only three days away!

#7 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

We did not get even close to the numbers we had hoped for.

This does not bode well for an ongoing League at the Strategist in Manhattan.

#8 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

How many did you get?  10-12 seems to be a typical turnout.  20 is considered a high turnout.

#9 Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Zehmyan said:

Here's an update:

December 15th is locked in~!!

I'm attaching this link below, which will take you to our event flyer. Feel free to share the link, print out flyers or help us promote however you can~! I'm super excited for this event~!!!

http://i431.photobuc...er_POSTER-B.png

It's ironic that as you were holding your first tournament, my friend and I were playing X-wing in the dinning area of Whole Foods, not to far from the World Trade Center. Prior to that, another friend who works at the Compleat Strategist told me that there was to be a Kessel Run held there but he was unsure of the details.

He stated that it was to be held in late December or early January. He told me to check the Fanatasy Flight website which I did. Unfortunately I didn't check  this part of the X-wing forum.

If you're still looking for players, let me know.

#10 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

The R5Don4 Star II said:

How many did you get?  10-12 seems to be a typical turnout.  20 is considered a high turnout.

Ugh, I met a guy who was there and he said you only got a turnout of five.  If those other three guys had showed up, you would have doubled your numbers.  When I try to promote an event, I'm posting about it in a minimum of 3 different places, if not more.  Once you get a core group going, you'll be surprised how many players show up.

#11 Zehmyan

Zehmyan

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

The R5Don4 Star II said:

The R5Don4 Star II said:

Ugh, I met a guy who was there and he said you only got a turnout of five.  If those other three guys had showed up, you would have doubled your numbers.  When I try to promote an event, I'm posting about it in a minimum of 3 different places, if not more.  Once you get a core group going, you'll be surprised how many players show up.

We actually only got two. We talked another player into joining us, making it three. 

We're still thinking about doing league play, since there were players who would have attended if It weren't the Holidays and they were out of town.

The players who did show up suggested posting on boardgamegeek.com. I hadn't thought of that site, but it turns out the game is classified as a boardgame in most listings. (and yes, I know that site has more to it than just board games.) But yes, hopefully we'll have more avenues to seek players in, and there will be more availability at future events.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS