Millennium Falcon FULLY Spoiled [VIDEO]

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 zachbunn

zachbunn

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

The top 4 at the world championship weekend just got copies of the Millennium Falcon! We were fortunate enough to get EVERYTHING on camera. You can watch the full video and get the complete scoop on the Falcon here.

Zach

Do or do not, there is no try.

#2 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thank you for this :)

#3 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hope you don't mind - took some stills and posted them on A Few Maneuvers :

http://www.afewmaneu...50&p=1180#p1180

#4 Thunder_Chicken

Thunder_Chicken

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Looks fantastic!  Just makes waiting for Feb that much harder though.   Great to see the generic smuggler, I was getting worried that it would have only unique pilots.  Looking forward to maybe some Slave I spoilers.

#5 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I didn't get to hold the Falcon, but I did get a chance to look over some shoulders while they were unboxing them.

I'm curious about the generic Smuggler.  It's the first time a ship has had different stats depending on which pilot you choose.

Very excited about Veteran Instincts.  A 1 point upgrade for +2 pilot skill?  Hey, I'll take that over Determination any day when I'm trying to fill in that last 1 point in my squad.

My knee-jerk reaction to Assault Missiles was, "Well, so much for TIE swarm…"  But, then I thought about it a bit, and I'm not sure it's that simple.  The Assault Missiles will splash onto your own ships as well, and we all know how clustery the dogfights get around turn 4.

When I saw Chewbacca's pilot card, I went "bwuh?!?!"  You can't crit him.  You just can't do it.  That is beyond awesome.

I think Lando's my favorite pilot card of the bunch.  I've already got a few squads built around him banging around in my head.

#6 lokirising

lokirising

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Now I really can't wait!

#7 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

So, did Doug get a Slave 1 as part of his prize ?  :)  If so, go track him down as well!

#8 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Brutal! Thanks for this! My TIE Fighter swarms are going to have serious problems with Assault Missiles!

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters

23 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 69 kills versus 46 losses

#9 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Millinum falcon upgrade+ draw fire…. take a crit then evade it…. (or just let it splash on your sheilds)

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#10 Melkor503

Melkor503

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

That thing is just SWEET!  Yeah, it is expensive with the unique pilots, but worth it.  The damage that it can take, and dish out will be points well spent.  I just hope that this doesn't usher in a lot of other high-cost ships that causes the "standard" game to go up in points.

#11 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Stormtrooper721 said:

Brutal! Thanks for this! My TIE Fighter swarms are going to have serious problems with Assault Missiles!

Not to mention any Rebel squads.  I only saw the "Missle" icon on the card.  So I'm under the impression that the TIE Advanced (Vader and Marek) could take advantage of the "Assault Missle".  I did not see any indication that it was specifically for the Millennium Falcon, or the Rebellion -- for that matter.  I could be wrong though.

#12 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

JustinKase said:

So, did Doug get a Slave 1 as part of his prize ?  :)  If so, go track him down as well!

No, just the Falcon, acrylic focus tokens (which are kinda cool), the map that we played on, a trophy, and a lot of new friends. Thanks to everyone that played. I think most had fun, and everyone was very classy and fun to be around. Sorry if I seem incoherent, I'm going on 19 hours, 7 of which was driving. I really enjoyed playing with this group of people today, to the point of wanting to get together somewhere in between to have a game day. :)

I'll post more on topic tomorrow. But needless to say Assault Missiles would have decimated my squad today.

#13 Jughead

Jughead

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for posting that Zach!

This expansion is beyond awesome!   I'm so disappointed it's now coming out in February. I can't wait that long! Well, I guess if I can't treat myself to a Christmas gift, there's always my birthday…

#14 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

great report……I'm just friggin disappointed that we can't get this until next year…I'll go bang my head against the wall

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#15 Joscha

Joscha

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I really like the Smuggler variant. That way you can add the model even in a fight with lesser points and use it. Of course the better pilots are more fun for sure .

#16 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Thanks Hothie :) 

#17 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

There is a lot of cool new stuff in that expansion, I love it.  I just hope we'll be able to get Veteran Instincts in the Interceptor or A-Wing pack, because I don't want to have to be limited by only one.  And I'm not buying more than one YT-1300, either.

#18 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Devlan said:

There is a lot of cool new stuff in that expansion, I love it.  I just hope we'll be able to get Veteran Instincts in the Interceptor or A-Wing pack, because I don't want to have to be limited by only one.  And I'm not buying more than one YT-1300, either.

From the picture, no. Just the Falcon and the Slave will have the vet pilot card

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#19 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Did anyone ever figure out why it came with an ion token?  It didn't appear that any of them had a turret upgrade slot…

#20 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

dbmeboy said:

Did anyone ever figure out why it came with an ion token?  It didn't appear that any of them had a turret upgrade slot…

You need to put two Ion tokens on a large ship for them to effect it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS