Goodbye to Surveillance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 perdustin

perdustin

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

These concerns are a bit late, but I don't see where they have been previously addressed.

First, is there another skill that replaces Surveillance as a Scout bonus career skill?  Perhaps Vigilance?  Discipline?

Second, without Surveillance, the 'Street Smarts' talent would seem to be underpowered.  Would Knowledge (Underworld) be a viable substitute for Surveillance with regard to this talent?

#2 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

perdustin said:

These concerns are a bit late, but I don't see where they have been previously addressed.

First, is there another skill that replaces Surveillance as a Scout bonus career skill?  Perhaps Vigilance?  Discipline?

Second, without Surveillance, the 'Street Smarts' talent would seem to be underpowered.  Would Knowledge (Underworld) be a viable substitute for Surveillance with regard to this talent?

It looks like the typo in the Wk 8 update was meant to be the scout replacing it with Medical.

#3 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

perdustin said:

Per FFG_Sam, the entry on the Weeky Update for Survivalist was meant to be for Scout, so the answer would be Medical.

As for Street Smarts, the Week 10 Updated did add Knowlege (Underworld) to replace Surveillance.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#4 perdustin

perdustin

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Thank you for your replies.

So, for the sake of thoroughness, the replacement of Surveillance with Medicine/Medical applies to both Scout and Survivalist careers?

#5 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

perdustin said:

So, for the sake of thoroughness, the replacement of Surveillance with Medicine/Medical applies to both Scout and Survivalist careers?

No, just Scout. Survivalist never had Surveillance in the first place.

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources:

#6 perdustin

perdustin

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

OK, I get it.  I failed to distinguish between 'career skills' and 'bonus career skills.'

Thanks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS