Some great Team Covenant videos out of Worlds

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

I doubt I'm the only one ravenous for any and all information we can get from people at Worlds who now have the game in hand. The guys over at Team Covenant have put together a couple videos, ostensibly of unboxing the core set.

The first video, they get about halfway through unboxing when Steve Horvath from FFG comes over and they discuss the game with him for the rest of it. The second video continues the unboxing. The camera work's a bit wonky, and they don't quite let you see every card, but it's definitely a tantalizing preview. To no one's surprise at all, the Scum & Villainy and Smugglers & Spies pods included in the game are Boba Fett and Han Solo themed.

#2 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Nice to see the card backs finally! 

I think I probably missed the discussion about this - there are only seven pods for each of the Rebel, Empire, Jedi and Sith factions in the core set? Hm.

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#3 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

There are some Neutral pods as well, three I believe, so you can build a complete deck. (They're not wholly Neutral, from what I understand; they're still Light Side or Dark Side, but they don't belong to either side's three factions.) Not sure why Team Covenant neglected to show them, but you can see a small pile of pods that they didn't show the camera in the video.

I'm curious to see how multi-faction decks will work, how managing the resource curve will work out. 

#4 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Another video, a longer interview with Steve Horvath:

#5 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

So will be buying two core sets for sure

#6 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Aurebesh text? That's amazing.

#7 AshesFall

AshesFall

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

spalanzani said:

I think I probably missed the discussion about this - there are only seven pods for each of the Rebel, Empire, Jedi and Sith factions in the core set? Hm.

Well, from the product page there are 117 cards for each the light side and the dark side. Three of those are faction cards, so 114. That is 19 pods. Only one pod will be scum and villainy, so 18 pods that are navy, sith or neutral in the dark side card set. :-)

#8 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

AshesFall said:

spalanzani said:

Well, from the product page there are 117 cards for each the light side and the dark side. Three of those are faction cards, so 114. That is 19 pods. Only one pod will be scum and villainy, so 18 pods that are navy, sith or neutral in the dark side card set. :-)

It seems to be that the numbers are 17 distinct pod total on each side: 7 Sith/Jedi, 7 Navy/Rebel, 1 Scum/Spies, and 3 Neutral pods. Of the 3 Neutral pods, one of them is included twice in the Core Set, and somewhat surprisingly, that is a pod that you can only use once per deck. I guess the idea is that you can put the one per deck pod into each of your two faction decks, less to shuttle around when changing factions. (A nice adjustment from Netrunner, where the neutral cards are currently pretty essential for a deck, so you're constantly moving them all around if you want to change factions.)

My info's based on this thread. I'm still not sure if any of the faction-specific objectives are one per deck yet. The OP in this thread seemed to say no, and looking over the spoilers I'd seen from GenCon it does look like the only one per deck objectives are Neutral. Would mean the second core set would have remarkably little redundancy; if the only cards I get "excess" of from a second core are the six faction cards and two pods, that's fantastic. 

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/882448/core-set-card-breakdown

EDIT: And checking the announcement of the Hoth cycle, I notice that the spoiled objective that is Limit One Per Deck, "The Shadow in the Frost," also is Neutral. Huh. Are Neutral pods the only ones that are unique? Will all Neutral pods be unique?

#9 zachbunn

zachbunn

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Wanted to post the official link to these videos. All three can be found here! We're posting updates all weekend from our Facebook and Twitter.

Do or do not, there is no try.

#10 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

alpha5099 said:

AshesFall said:

spalanzani said:

It seems to be that the numbers are 17 distinct pod total on each side: 7 Sith/Jedi, 7 Navy/Rebel, 1 Scum/Spies, and 3 Neutral pods. Of the 3 Neutral pods, one of them is included twice in the Core Set, and somewhat surprisingly, that is a pod that you can only use once per deck. I guess the idea is that you can put the one per deck pod into each of your two faction decks, less to shuttle around when changing factions. (A nice adjustment from Netrunner, where the neutral cards are currently pretty essential for a deck, so you're constantly moving them all around if you want to change factions.)

My info's based on this thread. I'm still not sure if any of the faction-specific objectives are one per deck yet. The OP in this thread seemed to say no, and looking over the spoilers I'd seen from GenCon it does look like the only one per deck objectives are Neutral. Would mean the second core set would have remarkably little redundancy; if the only cards I get "excess" of from a second core are the six faction cards and two pods, that's fantastic.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/882448/core-set-card-breakdown

EDIT: And checking the announcement of the Hoth cycle, I notice that the spoiled objective that is Limit One Per Deck, "The Shadow in the Frost," also is Neutral. Huh. Are Neutral pods the only ones that are unique? Will all Neutral pods be unique?

Thank you both, maths is never my strong point in the evening! 

Jvirtue55 said:

So will be buying two core sets for sure

Within seconds of finishing watching the second video, I preordered my second core set 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#11 wormiespice

wormiespice

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

can we have scans of rule book pages 

#12 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

live demo on justintv right now

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

In these videos you can see the live demo we got Sunday afternoon:

www.justin.tv/fantasyflightgames/b/339349330

www.justin.tv/fantasyflightgames/b/339355446

www.justin.tv/fantasyflightgames/b/339361565

On these two links you can see the game played by by two FFG employees,these were directly after the previous videos:

www.justin.tv/fantasyflightgames/b/339367913

www.justin.tv/fantasyflightgames/b/339372579

#14 Beatnik86

Beatnik86

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Han shoots first

that is all

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS