moving past the portal of power

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 partisian

partisian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Can you start your turn on the portal of power space and attempt to pass through the door, or do you have to start on another space and roll high enough to pass through the portalk? Same would go for the Sentinel, can you land on his space, encounter a card and then next turn roll to move and face the Sentinel?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

You can try opening the portal even if you start on the Portal space, assuming your movement is 1 or more.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 partisian

partisian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thanks! There was a discussion in my last game.

#4 Mimm

Mimm

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

My house rules state you must land on the Portal of Power to enter. This rule is meant to allow your opponents time to catch up to you. In my opinion, the middle region is too small to allow this free and fast styled open doorway. It is so small you can use an axe, enter the middle region, and advance to the inner region all in the same turn! BOOOOOO!

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Mimm said:

My house rules state you must land on the Portal of Power to enter. This rule is meant to allow your opponents time to catch up to you. In my opinion, the middle region is too small to allow this free and fast styled open doorway. It is so small you can use an axe, enter the middle region, and advance to the inner region all in the same turn! BOOOOOO!

If you build a Raft in the Forest, you can choose to either land on the Castle or Portal of Power and then encounter that space. On your next turn, you may attempt to open the Portal of Power (any die roll will do if you were on the Portal). That is not all in the same turn - 2 turns!!! However if you start your turn in the Woods or Hills next to the Sentinel space, a roll of 6 can get you past the Sentinel (if you defeat him) and then straight through the Portal door (if you roll low enough)!

Ell.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS