• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Randal

Randal

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hi,

If a demon dies in the Screaming Vortex, does it's body disappear or is it possible that the body stays?

Also, is it possible for a Demon to enter the Screaming Vortex from the Warp. So for example if a Demon is aboard a ship that is in the warp and the ship enters the vortex, will it be able to enter the Vortex as well. 

Thanks.

#2 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'd say that the body is banished back to the Warp proper like everywhere else. Still its Chaos so there might indeed be a body, if the story would be advanced by it.

#3 Obetor

Obetor

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Randal said:

Hi,

If a demon dies in the Screaming Vortex, does it's body disappear or is it possible that the body stays?

Also, is it possible for a Demon to enter the Screaming Vortex from the Warp. So for example if a Demon is aboard a ship that is in the warp and the ship enters the vortex, will it be able to enter the Vortex as well. 

Thanks.

You decide, some leave bodies behind others turn to mist and some gets suck away.

I think it depends on how much warp energy that flows around on the planets and space, Daemons need energy to live in real space either from a rift or souls.
Is the Daemon NPC or a player Char?

- Erik

#4 Randal

Randal

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.  The demon is an NPC and the players and the demon (A Keeper of Secrets) just crossed from the Warp into the Screaming Vortex to crash on a planet.  So one can assume they are quite close to the barrier with the warp. I kept the body around which caused some stress to the players who were unsure if the demon was really dead or alive.  Afterwards it was brought up that the Demon should have disapeared if it was really dead.

#5 Obetor

Obetor

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

If possibly read the Gray Knight codex, there is a lot of text describing dead daemon bodies, in one of the stories the Gray Knights burn a pile of dead daemon bodies.
You can also look at the Gray Knight models, some hold decapitated Daemon heads

http://www.games-wor...Id=prod1160009a

- Erik

#6 Randal

Randal

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the response and references! I'll check them out.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS