The Yellow Sign

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Just to be really sure, once a King's Court card is with on an investigator, the only way to get rid of it is to use it, right ? Can it be activated if there is no effect (just to get rid of it) ? We played no, but without being totally sure…

During our last game, the keeper gave them early on in the game. The investigators then decided to split the party so the keeper could not use them anymore. Consequently, investigators where immune to cultists … tough game for the keeper.

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#2 Mr. K

Mr. K

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Hey, no one's replies to this so I'll take a stab.

I don't have the cards in front of me but I played this scenario a day ago. So…

I don't see how investigators splitting up could stop the Keeper activating the King's Court cards.
One allows you move an investigator,
one allows you to swap a cultist for a maniac,
the third one I forget,

so the only contentious one is King's Champion, which let's you make one player attack another. You probably do need two investigators together for that one. Still, three our of four ain't bad.

Kxx

#3 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Mr. K said:

Hey, no one's replies to this so I'll take a stab.

I don't have the cards in front of me but I played this scenario a day ago. So…

I don't see how investigators splitting up could stop the Keeper activating the King's Court cards.
One allows you move an investigator,
one allows you to swap a cultist for a maniac,
the third one I forget,

so the only contentious one is King's Champion, which let's you make one player attack another. You probably do need two investigators together for that one. Still, three our of four ain't bad.

Kxx

Thank you for your reply. The card was the King's Champion indeed. The last one is the High Councilor. It can be activated to make all others investigators in the room a Horror test. Since our first game, we have decided that this last one can be activated even if there is no other investigator in the room. The only card an investigator that cannot be activated with another investigator is the King's Champion.

best

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS