A little late to the party!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

So I finally got my first "proper" game of this in last night. I say "proper", because I tried it a few weeks ago with those quick-start rules and found it a little bland. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't anything special. I've otherwise been following this game from the August 2011 announcement that FFG had the Star Wars licence, so possibly the excitement had peaked too soon. Anyway. On a bit of a crazy whim I decided to order a third core set at the beginning of this week, and it arrived yesterday, and that excitement came flooding back, so I hauled a mate over and bam! I was blown away. Two hours of slugging it out with our 100pt squads passed by like a breeze! I feel like we've only scratched the surface of this game, but I can't wait to try out more as the winter goes on. 

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to share my almost-stunned joy with everyone, thanks for reading 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#2 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

I share your enthusiasm! I've been watching this since Gen-Con and took the plunge about a Month ago. Mega fun!

#3 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, you were one of the originals on these forums. I'm glad it grabbed your heart, too. This game is sweet! Can't wait to play with more fans of it in my area.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#4 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Completely agree with you. I picked up the starter on a whim at my FLGS, was a little disappointed with the quickstart rules. Played a couple of games with the full ruleset, now I'm hooked. 

Was very close to getting out of miniatures gaming all together. I play 40k sparingly because of the obtuse rules and general negativity from that community. I'm sure there are a lot of people who like 40k, but the vast majority seem to play the game solely to complain about every aspect of it. 

I'd actually been playing the Dark Heresy RPG over Google Hangouts with some of my buddies most recently. Now we're looking at playing X-Wing over Hangouts via webcam in a kind of remote chessboard type setup. The movement templates make that notion at least plausible. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS