• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sven Ale-Drinker

Sven Ale-Drinker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hi

Our gaming group has recently started playing rogue trader and we've already encountered a problem. A fairly simple question but it has left us puzzled. What exactly does Peer(Military) entail? 

In advance, thanks!

#2 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

It means that members of the Imperial Guard/Imperial Navy (Which is odd because theoretically they have a fierce rivalry, but maybe you've just managed to impress both?) regard you as an equal, or at least someone they frequently deal with.

#3 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

in theory, it covers the imperial guard, imperial navy, planetary defence forces, portions of the adeptus arbites, portions of the adeptus mechanicus, the adepta sororitas, and the adeptus astartes.  imo, its way too broad and should be replaced with more specific selections

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#4 eBarbarossa

eBarbarossa

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I see the peer talents more as "you walk the walk and talk the talk of this group so they get along with you well". After all, there is also Peer (the insane) and I don't think THOSE guys are organized in any way.

#5 susanbrindle

susanbrindle

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

eBarbarossa said:

I see the peer talents more as "you walk the walk and talk the talk of this group so they get along with you well". After all, there is also Peer (the insane) and I don't think THOSE guys are organized in any way.

Insane Man: Rararrgaghahhej! Pfooopt, shabing!

[Harken friends, I think I hear the approaching voices of our esteemed comrades]

Mad PC: Toothlles hjayialkjm!  Millenium Hand and Shrimp! Two and two is a fish! Nyhuerereureuerueurer!

[Greetings to you all. Since my ordainment three years ago, it has been an honor to walk as one of you. Now I have returned bearing tidings that will affirm the council's decision as wise.]

#6 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

susanbrindle said:

eBarbarossa said:

Insane Man: Rararrgaghahhej! Pfooopt, shabing!

[Harken friends, I think I hear the approaching voices of our esteemed comrades]

Mad PC: Toothlles hjayialkjm!  Millenium Hand and Shrimp! Two and two is a fish! Nyhuerereureuerueurer!

[Greetings to you all. Since my ordainment three years ago, it has been an honor to walk as one of you. Now I have returned bearing tidings that will affirm the council's decision as wise.]

Secret Tongue (The Insane)?

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#7 Macharias the Mendicant

Macharias the Mendicant

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Peer (X) doesn't need to be so formal. With the Military it can be, but as someone pointed out, The Insane likely involves a different set of 'in' markers. Sometimes it might just reflect a certain predisposition people have towards the character for whatever reason. Maybe its something in the way they talk, a certain something about their posture, whatever. My Assassin - himself wading into the deep end of the Insanity score - bought Peer (The Insane) which we explain simply as "they instinctively recognize one of their own."

I do agree that Peer (Military) is rather brood and I would encourage the players to pick a particular branch of the Military this talent applies to.

#8 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Peer (military) could also cover mercenaries and PDF.

#9 Sarvus von Blod

Sarvus von Blod

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

What my Gm decided is that Peer(Military) only covers the core branches, being the Navy and Guard. He then decided that it only works if the Naval/Guard unit is of lower to equal rank of my Arch-Militant(before his expulsion, damn Ecclesiarchy)

#10 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Sarvus von Blod said:

What my Gm decided is that Peer(Military) only covers the core branches, being the Navy and Guard. He then decided that it only works if the Naval/Guard unit is of lower to equal rank of my Arch-Militant(before his expulsion, damn Ecclesiarchy)

Funny, because I would've done the complete opposite, considering that both Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy already have their own Peer talent groups, whereas all the other "general" military wings (PDF, Enforcers, etc) doesn't.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS