Madison, Wisconsin

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Anyone out there interested in a game around here?

#2 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

I've just started learning to play, and was aiming to start showing up at I'm Board in Middleton on Mondays to start getting more games in.  I think Traveler's Hearth does card games on Friday but I haven't confirmed that since I've yet to actually check them out.  But yeah, I'd be up for games.

#3 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Would you like to meet at Pegasus Games on Saturday sometime?

#4 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Devlan said:

I've just started learning to play, and was aiming to start showing up at I'm Board in Middleton on Mondays to start getting more games in.  I think Traveler's Hearth does card games on Friday but I haven't confirmed that since I've yet to actually check them out.  But yeah, I'd be up for games.

Just checked out Traveler's Hearth, and Friday night is Card Game Night there.  I have never been there before, so I think I'll go and see what's up.

#5 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

wiptag said:

Would you like to meet at Pegasus Games on Saturday sometime?

My Saturdays tend to be all booked up, and this week is no exception, unfortunately.  I'll probably swing by Traveler's Hearth in the mid to late afternoon today (Friday) to hang out and try and find a few games.

#6 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Okay.  I'll head out there late afternoon.

#7 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Cool, I'm farting around the downstairs with an orange netbook.

#8 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Devlan said:

Cool, I'm farting around the downstairs with an orange netbook.

Since I can't find a way to edit posts, the name's Jeff, introduce yourself!

#9 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

Just so people in the area know, Devlan and I were able to meet up and play a game.

Traveler's Hearth is a great place to play Android: Netrunner on Fridays!  I highly recommend it.  The staff was very friendly and there's free refills on pop, so a small can last you for hours.  The soups of the day come with a big roll which are very filling.  I'm going to try the cookie and/or brownie next time I go.

So, if anyone is looking for a game next Friday, I'll be there.

#10 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I just got back from my first visit to "I'm Board", and it was incredible.  There were seven or eight Android: Netrunner players there for LCG night, and one of them had even been to the World Championship!

I spoke to the staff member there, and Madison's going to have their very first Android: Netrunner tournament on Monday, November 19 at "I'm Board".  Registration is at 5:30 PM with a start time of 6 PM, and it's even free to enter!

#11 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

I just got home from the first Android: Netrunner tournament in Dane County, which was held in Middleton at "I'm Board".  Not only did we have a turnout of ten players, but four players expected weren't able to show, which means we'll definitely have at least this many every Monday, as "I'm Board" will be having another Android: Netrunner tournament next Monday as well at 5:45 PM to register.

I did not do as well as I had hoped, but I had a lot of fun and everybody was very knowledgeable.  The three players I played against in my three rounds were friendly folks.

While I can't speak for every deck, I saw a lot of Weyland and Criminal decks being played.  I also played against an NBN deck.

Bob B. came in first and Nick S., who played in the World Championship, came in second.  I came in eighth and lost my first match, but I had a lot of fun.

Now that I got some experience, I can stop playing with slightly modified starters and build some real decks,  ha ha

Hope to get some practice in at Traveler's Hearth on Card Game Night this Friday so I do a bit better next Monday.

#12 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

I have some sad news.  Traveler's Hearth, one of the two venues for Android: Netrunner players, closed its doors for good last week.  So now, the only place to play Android: Netrunner in Madison, Wisconsin is at I'm Board on Monday evenings.  Thankfully, I'm Board plans to amp up their coverage of the game by having ordered Game Night Kits.  Whether they will be used as tournament prizes or league play is still being discussed, and will be surveyed on next Monday, so if you want to have a say in Android: Netrunner's future in the Madison area, please be sure to show up and rock the vote (sort of)!

Tonight a lot of the players were worn out from Thanksgiving weekend, so we only had five players - not enough for a tournament, but still enough for a night of casual play.  Unfortunately, my first attempts at building decks weren't good, and my gameplay could also use some improvement.  I didn't win a single game all night.

So, it's back to deck building, and I'll also watch some more gameplay videos.

#13 wiptag

wiptag

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

Android: Netrunner is still alive and well at "I'm Board" in the Madison area!  While I haven't been able to attend the recent Monday night gatherings due to work, people are showing up and playing.  Also, whenever six or more players show up, a casual tournament is held.

What's really going to blow things up is "I'm Board" is going to have 'What Lies Ahead' in stock on Tuesday, December 11 when they open for business.  Once that happens, Android: Netrunner is going to be played like never before here.  I've even begun looking into having a meetup on either Saturday or Sunday as well, for those of us who can't attend Monday night due to work.

#14 brimmstorm

brimmstorm

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I'll be trying to stop out to I'm Bored after the new year. I'm interested in playing Netrunner and the Star Wars lcg.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS