GM Collaborations?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lucien Kallus

Lucien Kallus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

After having read many posts given a bit, and received a lot of information and help I got to thinking. I finished another session today and had a chat to all the players (over Skype) asking what they did and didnt like, what they thought could be improved and so on. It didn't strike me till later about how cool it could be to set up some sort of 'GM Meet' over Skype. People could get to know each other, exchange ideas, information, maps, house rules and home made items/equipment/weapons and so on.

I think the benefit of this over just talking in the forums is that you could quite easily get a lot of free flowing ideas and thoughts branching off in different directions that coould inspire. motivate and push you into doing things without the restriction of writing a thread in a forum and waiting for a reply. Does anyone else think this may be a good idea? Would anyone be interested in it?

#2 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hey!

I think its a great idea- and I would be completely be up for it. 

There's a multitude of Gming styles, groups and problems we can encounter- and a bigger array of settings, ideas and player-reactions to events that we can share! 

Setting up a Dark Heresy Chat-room or something would be cool :P 

#3 Lucien Kallus

Lucien Kallus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Awesome stuff. Ive been thinking about the logistics as well. Skype allows upto 25 people at once so I think that is more than enoughat one paticular time. The other thing would be day(s) time(s).  Thinking along those lines if people are at their computer on a certain day they could leave skype open and people could drop in and out whenever sharing just a few minutes or even a few hours depending on what time they have and how good the conversations are. I think leaving it fairly open means people from different countrys can get involved potentially and I think this is a great thing as different cultures can bring different styles to the table and bring about fresh ideas.

#4 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

That would be the way to go- mIrc is also pretty good for things like that. 

I've taken the liberty to create This room  [on Chatzy] for now.

Anybody can come in [though there's a 10 people limit it seems, but I doubt that's going to be an issue :P], there's no password or anything, and seeing as I work on my PC I am likely going to just hang out there!

#5 Lucien Kallus

Lucien Kallus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

So far this has been great, weve come up with all sorts of ideas and improvements.

#6 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Is anyone going to be aorund tonight?  I would be for brainstorming some ideas with other GMs and discuss tactics and such.

#7 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Well its only me and Lucien so far, so the more the merrier :P 

He had to go, but I am still at work for at least three more hours- so I am going to be on for a while hehe

#8 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Reiterating the invitation to all GMs!

We've already has a number of you visit the room and had several great discussions and ideas. If you haven't dropped by and idled for while, feel free to do! Its a lot more fun than setting your game on your own :P 

#9 Lucien Kallus

Lucien Kallus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Well we've had some great stuff so far, I think everyones benefitted from this in one way or another. So thanks to everyone whos popped in and contributed.

I'd also like to put forward the proposal of hosting a GM Skype session, in that it will be open as long as someone is in there and it would allow the conversations to be a lot more free form. Talking over this with Saldre we guessed  it could bring up even more stuff than just the chat room alone. The only thing is when using voice it wont be so easy to record information as we could in a chat room, but the use of both could be extremely advantageous.

If you're reading this and you haven't been in yet please take just a small amount of your time and pop in, you may leave with some useful stuff.complice

#10 BrotherKane

BrotherKane

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I'd love to pop in at some point but can only do so at home.  Will get on as soon as I can.

#11 Lucien Kallus

Lucien Kallus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

It would be interesting to see some U.K.ers on too, as i'm outnumbered :P

#12 Guards

Guards

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm on it now but it's super late here haha. I prefer skype so somone hit me up just say your a dark heresy guy or whatever and i'll add you.

Skype name: willchillhoyt

#13 Gerner

Gerner

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I'm down with the chat, but as it is now I sadly doesn't own a mic so no skype for me. :(

#14 Saldre

Saldre

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

So the Chatroom experiment is a great success- we've had multiple GMs come in and discuss everything from their groups to their campaigns! 

Its time to Upgrade!

As such, I've created a mIrc Room [A chatroom program, quite small, 1.68 Megs] on the Darkmyst server. Its called #CalixianConclave , It has more features and a more streamline layout, which will allow for a more convenient meeting place!

Furthermore, we've created a skype group as well. But instead of putting up our Identities online, feel free to message Me or Lucien and we'll add you to the group!

Hoping to see you guys there

-Saldre  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS