• 3,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

#2 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

That looks awesome :) Unfortunately, they've played right into one of my pet peeves:

Wunderkind is a real, actual German word.  And it's spelled exactly as I've spelled it.

Wünderkind is a fake, German-looking word that is utterly meaningless.

Cmon, FFG, you know there are people around who actually SPEAK German whom you could ask about these sorts of things.

#3 Devlan

Devlan

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Test run looks stupidly good, I wonder what its cost will end up being.

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

radiskull said:

Wunderkind is a real, actual German word.  And it's spelled exactly as I've spelled it.

Cmon, FFG, you know there are people around who actually SPEAK German whom you could ask about these sorts of things.

Except this is the future and is a sub culture of hackers so likely they know and don't care since they are hackers or just made it up.

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

Devlan said:

Looks like I will be trying out Shapers after all. Also Chimera looks OMG, especially if the runner has neglected a breaker type or just doesn't have that type out yet.

#6 TheRealLeo

TheRealLeo

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Ooh, more HB retrieval. Project Vitruvius will most likely be replacing my PSFs.

#7 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Toqtamish said:

radiskull said:

Except this is the future and is a sub culture of hackers so likely they know and don't care since they are hackers or just made it up.

You think a bunch of computer hackers would willingly introduce characters into their title that are deliberately harder to type?

Wait…yes, that's exactly what they would do.  Carry on then.  (But I'm pretty sure that's not what FFG was thinking when they made that choice.  Cf. the ridiculous umlauting in Tannhäuser.)

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

radiskull said:

Toqtamish said:

radiskull said:

You think a bunch of computer hackers would willingly introduce characters into their title that are deliberately harder to type?

Wait…yes, that's exactly what they would do.  Carry on then.  (But I'm pretty sure that's not what FFG was thinking when they made that choice.  Cf. the ridiculous umlauting in Tannhäuser.)

I am waiting for the runner who's entire name is in leetspeak.

#9 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

Or maybe the guy whose name is just that ASCII art of the dude flipping over the table.

#10 Paddosan

Paddosan

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

W|-|@ R j00Z 9U'/$ 74L|<1||9 4B0U7?

Edit: damn forums, screwing with my leet speech!

#11 Mejis

Mejis

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Devlan said:

Yeah they've done a nice job of selectively covering some crucial info on some of those cards!

A great set of cards from what we can see though.

#12 Suka044

Suka044

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

you know its great to see a new set on the horizon but can we PLEASE have some release dates a bit more accurate than "coming soon" or "not available"

#13 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Suka044 said:

you know its great to see a new set on the horizon but can we PLEASE have some release dates a bit more accurate than "coming soon" or "not available"

First pack is December and second pack is in January this pack is February. It's on the Upcoming page. Also FFG always gives 3 months preview time for distributor orders. 

#14 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Chimaera looks fantastic. It makes me kinda wish that there were some sort of shell game corp could play with its unrezzed ICE, moving Chimaera around in such a way that the runner doesn't know where it is anymore. Doubt FFG would design a card like that though, and I have no idea how you would make it work from a gameplay perspective.

#15 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I really would love to know Test Runs cost so I can proxy it. 

#16 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Man, Sunset is such a tease. I think the only text you can make out is that the flavor text is a quote from Mac.

Anyone have any guesses about what Joshua B. does? "When your turn begins … click. If you do, take … ends."

#17 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

alpha5099 said:

Man, Sunset is such a tease. I think the only text you can make out is that the flavor text is a quote from Mac.

Anyone have any guesses about what Joshua B. does? "When your turn begins … click. If you do, take … ends."

maybe gain a click and take brain damage at end of turn. 

#18 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

@radiskull: I think it's hypercorrection. Because non-ASCII letters tend to be replaced when going from one language to another (especially to English), they probably figured they should put a few back (and chose the wrong word). Or it's just like heavy metal umlauts…

#19 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

Khudzlin said:

@radiskull: I think it's hypercorrection. Because non-ASCII letters tend to be replaced when going from one language to another (especially to English), they probably figured they should put a few back (and chose the wrong word). Or it's just like heavy metal umlauts…

Well, they used the word "wünderkind" in the article describing Chaos Theory, so I think it's just a straight-up error.  But as I said on BGG, if it IS hypercorrection, I'm very much looking forward to the newly-spoiled card P?ø??ct Vït?u??uß.

#20 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

At least they're consistent. Though apparently, they know French better, since they wrote "déjà vu" correctly.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS