• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

I do not understand the card properly. The card reads:

"Special: When you play this action, you may add 2 recharge tokens to any of your Active Defences, either in your hand of currently recharging. X is the total recharge tokens added in this way. This attack deals extra damage equal to X."

In Active defences in your hand means, active defences which are not recharging but you can use, or it means all active defences you have?

For example, a character with this card armed with two weapons (one in each hand) can use the parry and the dodge action cards, but not the block action card since he is not equipped with a shield. Can he still put 2 recharge tokens in the block action card?

I then have a second question. Do you allow this card to all characters, or do you restric it to only slayers?

I ask this because the a slayer cannot wear armour and a good use of his active defences can make the difference in a combat. On the other hand a character equipped with a full plate amour and a shield (soak 6 def 2) is not going to be dependent of his active defences so much (or not at all) in order to survive, and it feels to me that the action card is then a bit abused.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 JamWarrior

JamWarrior

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

1) If you have no equipped shield then the block card is not active and thus can;t have recharge tokens added to it.

2) Cards are not restricted unless clearly specified.  Compare to 'Shrug it off' which has the proviso 'Toughness 4+, Must Possess the Troll Slayer career ability card.'

Both these answers are in the errata sheet.

#3 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

JamWarrior is correct on both.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS