Photo

X-Wing Dice Roller App Legal for Tournament play?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Is the X-Wing Dice Roller app by FFG legal for Tournament play?

I could not find this answer anywhere.

Obsidian Portal:Unforeseen Fates

#2 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Not if you read the tournament rules strictly. It lists specifically what components are allowed: base set, expansions, and dice pack.

Be seeing you.

#3 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

LOL, I posted this in the rules forum and never got an answer.  Of course, it does list the legal items, and I do like the dice app, but I bought the extra dice and it just seems easier.  The dice app is great for the RPG, but even with my preferences set it seems tedious. 

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#4 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

You will never get an official answer on these forums.  (Although rules questions like this ARE one of the only times I've seen Devs post on the forums.)

I'll submit a question to FFG.

#5 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Has anyone gotten any response on rules questions from FFG? I know some people reported that they were getting form responses prior to the FAQ, but now they should be answering questions. I submitted a question a while back and never got any response. I don't know what a typical wait time would be for a response.

Be seeing you.

#6 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

I recently got a response, but it was directly answered by the FAQ. Here's what they said:

"Your questions were added to the FAQ:

Q: If a ship uses the Marksmanship action and attacks with Cluster Missiles,does the Marksmanship effect modify both attacks?
A: Yes. The Marksmanship effect modifies each attack made by that ship during the round, including the effect of changing one focus result to a critical hit result.

Q: If a ship spends a focus token when attacking with Cluster Missiles, does the focus effect modify both attacks?
A: No. The focus effect modifies a single attack.

Thanks for playing!"

So, yes, I got a personal email. No, I'm not sure they're caught up enough to answer new questions that aren't covered in the FAQ.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#7 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Well, keep in mind, they're probably all on rowboats heading towards China to pick up the Wave 2 shipment.  So response times may be slow.  

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#8 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

WHOA!..

Tournament rules on allowed items updated.. DICE APP LEGAL!!!!

wow..

Obsidian Portal:Unforeseen Fates

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS