New guy question.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

I bought my first single ship recently to check the quality on them and was very happy with the one I got. I really like how each one can be used as different ships instead of having to buy multiple nearly identical ships. What I wanted to know was are the X-Wing and TIE in the single packs the same as those in the boxed set or do they have different pilot cards?

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

You've got it: different pilot cards. And pretty good ones at that. I love Wedge Antilles in the X-wing and "Howlrunner" In the TIE fighter.

#3 GeekZap

GeekZap

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

The pilot and upgrade cards in the Core Set are different from the cards that come in the expansions.

#4 Stile2112

Stile2112

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

The great thing about the game is that even if you do field generic pilots (IE, Rookie and Academy pilots) there are markers to help distinguish them from one another.

#5 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for the help. I had originally planned to buy the TIE Advanced, then if the quality on it was decent, to later pick up the main game so I could at least display the Regular TIE's and Advanced following the X-Wing on its trench run. After opening the TIE Advanced though I really liked the look of the whole set up and plan to get at least 1 of each ship or set they put out just on the odd chance I might find somebody/somewhere to play the game.

#6 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

I don't play with mine….thier in a display case…..for games I use micro machine or Star Wars Battle ships

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS