• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hi Guys,

I am going to be playing a 3 player game in the near future. My 2 companions are taking Spirit Glorfindel, Denethor & Lore Aragorn as one set and Dain, Thalin and Ori as the second set of heros.

I am thinking of building another Dwarf set based on the fact that Dain is being used. So far I have decided I want to use Dwalin and Gloin and use a dual spirit and Leadership deck. Who would be your third choice of hero and what allies, attachments and events would you take?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!

#2 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Sorry…. should have mentioned I only have the core set, Khazad Dum and the Shadows of Mirkwood Cycle cards to choose from!

Cheers

#3 legolas18

legolas18

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd probably do Nori, especially if you have a lot of dwarf allies. And with the help of Dain, then he does three willpower.  I also think he did great in The Seventh Level and the Book of Mazarbul, because he could quest and defend, but that may have been because I was playing solo.  (I'm guessing that you have The Hobbit as well since one of your friends is using Ori…)

Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.

#4 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Core set, Mirkwood, and Khazad-dum only…. and your friends have already claimed Dain and Thalin.  That leaves only Gimli, Gloin, Bifur, and Dwalin right?  And you have already said you want to use Gloin and Dwalin… that leaves Bifur and Gimli, both of different spheres.  So you'll have to run a tri-sphere deck, right?  Or use a non-dwarf hero.

Or, if you do have access to the Hobbit cards like Chaos101 said, that opens up some options.  

#5 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

I was thinking of using a non-dwarf hero until I heard about Nori.

Combined with Bofur, providing you always quest successfully, your threat will never go up.

And then if Dwalin can kill some orcs you are lowering your threat.

I think Nori is the way to go. Just need to get hold of the Hobbit expansion!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS