Photo

Forbidden Alchemy - is this product fixed now?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andersb25

andersb25

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

I am interesed in getting the Forbidden Alchemy expansion but remeber I read when it came out that there were a lot of problems with the product - both the components and rules. Then I belive they released a new version. Are the problems solved in the new version? If not, what problems still exist? If I buy the product, how can I be sure that I get the new version?

#2 thecoldwarrior

thecoldwarrior

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

In short, yes.

The revised edition is current. Depending on where you get it from you might run across an old edition though (retailers shelf that didnt bother to update). I got my copy through Amazon and it was the revised edition (with the replacements for the main game). You will not be disappointed. FA is a very nice expansion even if it has one of the worst scenarios.

#3 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Be sure too that you have all your puzzle pieces for every time you are about to attempt the alchemy puzzle. Leaving out one of the pieces made it impossible.

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

"Impossible" for the alchemy puzzles is a little misleading. Technically, you always have a chance to pass or to fail a puzzle. Your puzzle attempt merely increases the chances of passing.

#5 The Saracen

The Saracen

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Good to know, I've been wanting to pick this expansion up for a while, but have been hessitant since there were those printing issues.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS