death star Scenario & Rules?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

So I have seen a lot of people making death star trenches has anyone come up with a set of rules or a Scenario that works well.  I am looking at making a death star map myself (4 dollars for the pdf & 25 dollars for a 3 x 6 Banner at bannersonthecheap.com) if anybody wants to jpeg let me know and I will email it to you.

here goes a pic of the map i made for it. Its simple but gets the job done

#2 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Wouldn't mind a copy :)

#3 gdegg

gdegg

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Nice job !!!

Could you send me the JPEG please ?

Thanks

#4 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

This looks fantastic.  Great job on this.  I would love a copy of the jpeg.

#5 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Didn't FFG host a Death Star event at a recent Comic Con? Does anyone have the rules and stats from that event?

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 2 VT-49 Decimators, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters, 1 Lambda

26 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 79 kills versus 49 losses

#6 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

There is a scenario over at Boardgamegeek that has been fairly popular, I think.

http://www.boardgame...nch-run-mission

• DagobahDave likes this

#7 Fluxis

Fluxis

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Looks cool !!!

Could you send me the JPEG please ?

Thanks

#8 rbwgames

rbwgames

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

I would like a copy. That is a great map.

#9 DarkmanSW

DarkmanSW

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

WoW Impressive ! Most impressive!  Can i have a copy please ?  Thank you :-) 

#10 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hey guys here goes a link to my drop box.  it has four maps I have made it in one is the death star.  the death star is formatted for a 3x6, the others are 3x3.  bannersonthecheap.com does a great job printing these for cheap.  the come out nice with a inch boarder around the image.

Drop Box Link

any other questions please feel free to ask.  I have a photoshop template set up with the starting lines on it if anyboady wants that i will be in the box as well

#11 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

I also put some trench run game rules in there as well.  granted they might night work with this map but could be modified

#12 michaeltaylor

michaeltaylor

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Lord Dragon said:

So I have seen a lot of people making death star trenches has anyone come up with a set of rules or a Scenario that works well.  

http://www.deathstarrun.com/

#13 Surtur

Surtur

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

What material was the banner you used?

#14 Nineteen73

Nineteen73

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Looks awesome! May I have a copy of the JPEG too please?

#15 Heckbringer

Heckbringer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

Lord Dragon,

While well-intentioned and very kind, what you're doing could be perceived badly by the person who made the textures you're using and now distributing for free. You can use those textures as much as you like, but the designer of those textures would have a reasonable gripe against you distributing them to since they'd probably prefer that they get paid the (really very reasonable) $4 per person who makes use of their work. Maybe consider not distributing the files anymore, and possibly give a tutorial on how to do what you did instead?

Other people,

If you've already gotten the texture from Lord Dragon, consider doing the right thing and pay the designer their four bucks for a product well made: http://www.rpgnow.co...Base-Trench-Run

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or ruin anyone's fun, but if I had spent the time making that stuff and then saw someone giving it away for free I would be unhappy about it, and figured I'd chime in on their behalf.

• DagobahDave likes this

#16 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Heckbringer said:

Lord Dragon,

While well-intentioned and very kind, what you're doing could be perceived badly by the person who made the textures you're using and now distributing for free. You can use those textures as much as you like, but the designer of those textures would have a reasonable gripe against you distributing them to since they'd probably prefer that they get paid the (really very reasonable) $4 per person who makes use of their work. Maybe consider not distributing the files anymore, and possibly give a tutorial on how to do what you did instead?

Other people,

If you've already gotten the texture from Lord Dragon, consider doing the right thing and pay the designer their four bucks for a product well made: http://www.rpgnow.co...Base-Trench-Run

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or ruin anyone's fun, but if I had spent the time making that stuff and then saw someone giving it away for free I would be unhappy about it, and figured I'd chime in on their behalf.

good point I will remove the Death Star items but leave my maps if anyone wants them

#17 Stormtrooper721

Stormtrooper721

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I'm hoping that in a future OP kit FFG will release an official 36" by 36" Death Star map with turret tiles and an official scenario. It seems to be the most popular.

The 731st Imperial Flight School - "The Vornskrs" - 2 VT-49 Decimators, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 10 TIE Fighters, 1 Lambda

26 Victories, 1 Defeat, 0 Draws - 79 kills versus 49 losses

#18 Marinealver

Marinealver

• Members
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:15 AM

Like the trenches, I am working on a different countdown system although. The first one is turns till the Deathstar is in range (I need to find a way to make the dial look like the tactical display on the rebel base.) and the second is the "Commence primary ignition which rolls 3 attack dice to build up charges by flipping over cards. Flip over 7 cards and Imperials win.

http://s28.postimg.o...rds_Draft_1.jpg

It Is sort of upside down but when the cards are facedown in order it is supposed to be a tactical display on the Death Star War Room and each one that gets flipped is a difrent scene of the DeathStar crew firing the super laser. Last card is the Big Bang.

Edited by Marinealver, 26 June 2014 - 04:16 AM.

You can always start another round if you lost the last one.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS