Cantina band

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HuwBacca

HuwBacca

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Anyone using the John Williams soundtracks to add a little kessel spice to their games?

I've got my OST cd's ordered off ebay and I think they'll add a good bit of ambience to the game.

Anyone else doing anything similar to their games? Just thought I'd ask the community as I've not seen anything on here and I reckon small touches like having the imperial march blasting in the background whilst your making your pivotal move etc would be only game enhancing.

Thoughts? 

#2 GeekZap

GeekZap

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I think this is a great idea!

*Goes off to find John Williams mp3s*

#3 Red Five

Red Five

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I always play suitable music during our gaming sessions. Having 400+ soundtracks makes playlist selection reasonably straightforward.

#4 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Our FLGS owner always kicks on the soundtracks for on X-Wing Night.

Makes it awesome!

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 5 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s<p>Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas

#5 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Yeah,
I did bought my copy of the original trilogy soundtrack secondhand for £10
I came with some cool posters too :)
http://www.amazon.co...&sr=1-1<br /> A games gotta have a Soundtrack.

Panic…

#6 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

The official stars wars soundboard has the TIE and X-Wing sound effects for laser cannons and flyby's etc. it just adds a little extra tension to the fights :)

#7 MantoF18

MantoF18

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

If Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes are busy, I usually play some John Williams on Pandora Internet radio to add to my ambiance! 

I like the SFX soundboard idea thanks!

#8 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

I also play the soundtracks for game sessions. It really does add a cool feel. I will def look into the soundboard. Thanks for that suggestion!

#9 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Here is the soundboard link

www.starwars.com/play/online-activities/soundboards/#/

It's a pity it doesn't have the battle of endor sounds for the future A-Wing's and sadly none of the Y-Wing engine sounds are available there, but for a good X-Wing VS TIE scrap it will suffice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS