• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Taking another swing at this.

Any players in the Vancouver area, as far as West Vancouver or Langley?  Interested in starting a playgroup for weekday evenings/afternoons, possibly through one of the local stores for prize support.  PM here or email to: profligate74 (at) gmail (dot) com.

#2 somnambulant

somnambulant

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hey profligate,

I've asked the guys at Strategies on Main Street to get the playkit in and see about setting up some organized play events.  Would that be something you're interested in participating in too?

Cheers,

somnambulant

#3 MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Probably won't be setting up any organized play or anything, but I'm regularly at the Connection Games on Renfrew on Saturdays (1pm-4 or later).

#4 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

I've checked out Strategies and Core Games, neither of which seem too interested in running OP.  I'll try to check out The Connection in the next week and if no one else is going to support us, then I guess I'll suck it up and try to run some OP myself.  Which super sucks because I want to play, but I want the game to succeed more.

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

profligate said:

I've checked out Strategies and Core Games, neither of which seem too interested in running OP.  I'll try to check out The Connection in the next week and if no one else is going to support us, then I guess I'll suck it up and try to run some OP myself.  Which super sucks because I want to play, but I want the game to succeed more.

You can still play even if you are running the tournament kit. As per the tournament rules for TO Participation on page 3. Just need someone else to be a TO do your rulings. Now to get a tournament kit you need to have a B2B account to order them from FFG. Email FFG, explain your situation and they might be able to set you up with one.

Tournament Organizer Participation
The TO may participate in a tournament for which he or she
is responsible only if there is a second tournament organizer
present. This second TO must be present and announced at the
beginning of the tournament, and is responsible for all rulings
for games in which the primary TO is playing.

#6 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Toqtamish.  I'll see if I can find a second person to also TO if it comes to it.

#7 MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

If you manage to get something running at Connections, I'd be happy to help judge now and then so that you can play. I already judge other CCGs and I probably won't have enough time to sit and play through tournaments all the time.

#8 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the offer. :)  I may end up taking you up on that.

#9 somnambulant

somnambulant

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

profligate said:

The Strategies guy may have been hesitant because I'd already spoken to him about it.  Hoping to get something going there still. Spoke with him again today and it's still a possibility. Fingers crossed. I'll post here if I hear any more about it.

#10 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

The Connection isn't going to run anything either. Guess we're on our own unless Strategies comes through or I can convince Core to run things for us.

#11 somnambulant

somnambulant

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Where is Core anyways? I can't find them on Google.

#12 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

They're in Brentwood Mall in Burnaby.

#13 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I guess we can also check out Magic Stronghold in Burnaby.  Despite their name they support other CCG's

#14 MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Talked to one of the Connection guys yesterday and he said that they might have space for us on Tuesday nights or maybe Saturday morning/early afternoon. Connections is on Renfrew and Grandview (12th)

#15 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

And both of those times are ones that will work with my schedule, at least periodically.  WOOOOOOO!!!

#16 somnambulant

somnambulant

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Yeah I might be able to make some of those. Saturdays more frequently than Tuesdays probably.

#17 MrScaryMuffin

MrScaryMuffin

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

I'll be at Connections today…probably from 1pm-4pm

#18 Shane Li

Shane Li

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Just moved to Vancouver, would like to find someone to run with/against after finishing settle down. Should we get some contact list such as Google group?

#19 profligate

profligate

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'm all for it, though I'd be relying on someone else to set it up.

#20 Shane Li

Shane Li

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Seting up a google group is pretty easy. I just made one: http://groups.google...uver-netrunners

Still needs to attract some regulars to the group for it to become useful though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS