I have just acquired the beta book on Ebay and reading through it.
In regards to character creation, I have one question about the following sentence on p30: […] Table2-3: Additional Obligation Bonus. There are two limitations to this: each option can only be selected once, and player characters cannot gain more additional Obligation than their original starting value.
When referring to "each option", does it refers to Character Creation Bonus & Gear Bonus rows, or to +5 Obl &+10 Obl columns, or to both simultaneously?
For example of my misunderstanding, could my character buy:
- Character Creation Bonus +5 Obl & Gear Bonus +5 Obl? -> No if +5 Obl could only be bought once?
- Character Creation Bonus +5 Obl & Character Creation Bonus +10 Obl? -> No if Character Creation Bonus could only be bought once?
- Character Creation Bonus +5 Obl & Gear Bonus +10 Obl? -> Yes since each option would be selected only once?
Then, when referring to "their original starting value", does it refers to table 2-2: Player Starting Obligation?
- In a group of 4 PCs, with the starting obligation = 10 per PCs (per Week 8 update), each would only be able to select a +10 Obl once?
- Or +5 twice (which links back to one of my example above)?
Thanks in advance for the help!