"Lite" vs Components

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Has anyone played the "lite" version of the game, and if so how does it compare to the component version?  For those of u who have perhaps tried both what are your opinions?  For those of you who use the components, are there any that u have dropped over time that u no longer find usefull or just unnecessary?  I for one like the components but can see as more and more stuff is added it may become quite encumbering.  I am a minimalist at heart and would like to keep the game as true to the spirit of 3rd as possible but also efficient.  Thanks all. Gary

#2 GoblynKing

GoblynKing

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

gmanjkd said:

Has anyone played the "lite" version of the game, and if so how does it compare to the component version?  For those of u who have perhaps tried both what are your opinions?  For those of you who use the components, are there any that u have dropped over time that u no longer find usefull or just unnecessary?  I for one like the components but can see as more and more stuff is added it may become quite encumbering.  I am a minimalist at heart and would like to keep the game as true to the spirit of 3rd as possible but also efficient.  Thanks all. Gary

The only part of going full on "lite" that's a pain is having to write down all of your Actions/Talents info.

My group adopted the lite rules regarding random tables in place of card decks and using pencil to track wounds, and recharge, but continued to use Talent, Career Ability, and Action cards for their simplicity.

Hope this helps

#3 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

Thanks for the advise, I think this is the direction we will go over time.  It's great to see how others have streemlined the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS