Question Regarding Career Ranks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kilsern

Kilsern

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

I understand how rank advancement works and I have Action cards that spell out a minimum rank needed; however, on the Reckless Dice podcast, I often hear the term rank 3,4 and 5 careers, yet none of the cards from the products I own (all but Hero's Call, Gathering Storm,Witch's Call, Signs of Faith and the POD products) state what rank a career is. What qualifies a career as rank 3 versus rank 4? I assume at a minimum an advanced career is rank 2.

#2 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Heroes Call states an optional rule/clarification where certain careers have a rank requirement to transition into.

As I recall off of the top of my head (and it could be off a little)…

Basic (Rank1) -> Intermediate (Rank2) -> Advanced (Rank 3) -> Elite (Rank 4)

#3 Kilsern

Kilsern

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Thank you for the response. Is there a clarification in HC as to what careers are Intermediate, Advanced, etc.?

#4 dvang

dvang

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

They are career traits and are listed on each career sheet.

#5 gruntl

gruntl

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

As dvang says, the traits are on the career sheets. There is also a fan-made career compendium available at rpggeek, which list the traits for all careers:

http://www.rpggeek.com/filepage/77002/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-3rd-edition-comprehens

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS