Frederick, MD Players?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 GeekZap

GeekZap

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Anyone playing in or around Frederick or central MD? Looking for some new opponents and don't feel like making the trip down to NoVa all the time. Where are you guys?

#2 boow

boow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I've been looking for a place to play around rockville.  I play heroclix at Dream Wizards, so next time I'm there I'll ask if anyone's playing X-Wing, or if they'd be interested in letting me start something there.

Not much better for you than NoVa, but its a fairly quick drive from Frederick…

Imperials: 5 TIEs, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Bomber, Slave 1, Lambda Shuttle

Rebels: 3 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 1 B-Wing

#3 GeekZap

GeekZap

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

Yea I checked with the guys at Dream Wizards and they said nobody was playing it. Plus they do miniatures stuff on Wednesday which is no good for me. Thanks for the response though. I might try to get something going at the HobbyTown in Frederick.

#4 Geiger

Geiger

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I play in martinsburg WV at Your Hobby place, decant following.

Main guy who plays is jason and he is their every sunday.

Geigr

#5 JGSGames

JGSGames

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

I'm ten minutes from Dream Wizards  - we should try to get a demo or open play evening together.

#6 boow

boow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

I just emailed one of the guys at the store about the kessel run event. 

Id be up for playing a game soon, I just picked up the starter and each of the Imperial boosters. 

I think the stores calendar says Wednesday nights for miniatures but could schedule a different night I'm sure. 

I work downtown dc so couldn't get to the store before 7 on weeks nights.  Weekends are better and I play heroclix there pretty often already. 

JGSGames said:

I'm ten minutes from Dream Wizards  - we should try to get a demo or open play evening together.

Imperials: 5 TIEs, 1 TIE Advanced, 3 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Bomber, Slave 1, Lambda Shuttle

#7 JGSGames

JGSGames

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Mondays and Wednesdays are usually my best weeknights, but weekends aren't bad either. My current gaming group are mostly boardgamers, but I might be able to round up a couple more folks for a demo if the goal is to create more players. I have two starters plus a half dozen or so expansions, so we could outift a few people.

#8 boow

boow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

JGSGames said:

Mondays and Wednesdays are usually my best weeknights, but weekends aren't bad either. My current gaming group are mostly boardgamers, but I might be able to round up a couple more folks for a demo if the goal is to create more players. I have two starters plus a half dozen or so expansions, so we could outift a few people.

Well I guess I kinda hijacked GeekZap's thread as I started focusing on Rockville.  But I just wanted to say I should be at Dream Wizards this Saturday for another game, and I can ask about when we might set up a time to play/demo X-Wing.

I know the store is closed on Mondays though, so we may be narrowed down to Wednesday or the weekend.  Dunno how people normally demo the game, but we could always use the introductory rules the first time or two if we ever get something set up.

#9 boow

boow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

So after talking to one of the guys at Dream Wizards, he mentioned that there had occasionally been a couple of people on Wednesday nights playing, but nothing regular.  He mentioned that there is always space in the store on Wednesday nights, as it is miniatures night (as posted on their website's calendar).

He also said that it might be possible to add a more official tournament on Saturdays, but Sundays are not available.  I forgot to ask if they signed up to run the Kessel Run event…

I play Heroclix every other Saturday, so would be happy to start playing X-Wing directly after (heroclix ends by 430) or could try to start playing regularly on Wednesday nights at the store.  I work downtown DC so I would probably only be able to get to the place around 7 at the earliest.

Maybe we could try to get a Saturday game on their calendar once a month or so?  And maybe play casual games on Wednesdays (once or twice a month). I might be able to play this Wednesday, but am hosting family for Thanksgiving the next day so may find myself busy.

-Tony

#10 LunarShard

LunarShard

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I live close to Rockville, MD as well. I won't be able to do Wednesday evenings until likely next year because of work, so Saturdays are best. I am trying to get another friend in Silver Spring interested in the game as well.

Looking forward to playing with everyone! I've also played some games w/ a group in Northern Virginia. Maybe we can do a quarterly NoVa vs. Maryland throw down!!! ^______^

#11 JGSGames

JGSGames

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Occasional Wednesdays and Saturdays work for me. I'm could make this Wednesday work - post here Tuesday if you're good for it? 

#12 boow

boow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

JGSGames,

looks like this Wednesday is no good.  I dont think leaving the wife alone the night before we host people for thanksgiving would be my best idea…

Next week should be fine though.

#13 JGSGames

JGSGames

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

boow said:

JGSGames,

looks like this Wednesday is no good.  I dont think leaving the wife alone the night before we host people for thanksgiving would be my best idea…

Next week should be fine though.

Can't blame you a bit. We weren't hosting this year, but time with the family has priority. Unfortunately, I'm traveling work this Wednesday and have a meeting on the 5th. Do either of the Saturdays work for you? It'd be nice to get some practice in ahead of the Kessel Run tournies -  I was thinking about going to Games Parlor on the 16th.

JS

#14 boow

boow

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

This Saturday should work for me (8th).  The earlier in the day the better, 11am/noonish.

I dont know yet if I will be able to make it to the Kessel Run event next weekend, but I'll try to.

#15 JGSGames

JGSGames

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

Shoot, I got busy this week and didn't check the forum, then made plans with my wife. Drop me a line at jgs9 (at) uw (dot) edu so we can establish proper comms. Sorry! One of these days I'll actually get to play the game…

JS

#16 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I recently was introduced to the game by a coworker….love it.  I'm in Damascus, MD, looking for some players!

~Ron

#17 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

bump…how do I put a pic in this forum?

#18 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

jetsetter said:

bump…how do I put a pic in this forum?

I think it needs to be hosted elsewhere (flickr, picasa, etc.) and a link inserted. In message/edit mode, the Image icon is third from the right side in the toolbar. Good luck!

#19 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Thanks!

#20 jetsetter

jetsetter

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Anyone out there?  Itching to play….heck, even considering hosting at my house….The owner at Beyond Comics in Gaithersburg (on 355--just north of King Kia Volkswagen and Sheehy Ford) said he wouldn't mind setting up tables to play the game….~Ron

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS