Photo

Where can I get a copy of the Battle of Lake-town in the UK?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Attercop, Attercop 1989

Attercop, Attercop 1989

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

I apologise if this question has already been asked by someone, but I was wondering if anyone else in the UK has been able to get hold of a copy of this print on demand expansion?

#2 jjeagle

jjeagle

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

I'm in the UK, and it works just fine to order POD products straight from the FFG online store.

Battle for Lake-town cost me USD 23.95 (including 9.00 postage), which worked out as GBP 15.37 - I consider this to be a reasonable price. 

I had the product in my hands within two weeks of placing the order.

"I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself."

#3 Attercop, Attercop 1989

Attercop, Attercop 1989

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Thankyou for answering my question - I shall hopefully place an order tomorrow.

I just have one other rather stupid question, I have never purchased items from the USA before. Can I pay straight from my debit/visa card? 

#4 ClydeCloggie

ClydeCloggie

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Yes, no worries at all. Worked fine for me.

#5 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Same here, everything very smooth. If you don't mind waiting a bit more though, online stores like Games Lore and 13th Floor tend to get them in pretty quickly. Amazon too, eventually. 13th Floor gives free first class postage, and is a few pounds cheaper than getting it direct from FFG, incidentally 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#6 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Just so you know Travelling man (in Leeds for sure, I guess their other stores too) - get the POD expansions in stock and sell them direct. (i.e. the cost of a normal pack) which may save you some postage.

#7 Abelard

Abelard

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

If you are near London then Ork's Nest in Charring Cross sold the massing at Osgiliath for £12.99, I expect they will have the Battle of Laketown soonish if not now.

#8 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

Hi, im down in Devon and i get all my APs off either Boardgameextras or Gamequest. They got MaO in pretty quickly after release so im hoping Lake Town will be in stock soon. It may save you a few quid, cheers.

#9 Attercop, Attercop 1989

Attercop, Attercop 1989

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Thank you all for responding to my question - I really do appreciate it. I have added the stores that were mentioned to my list of places to check whenever I need LOTR LCG resources. I have ordered a copy today and am looking forward to facing off against the might of Smaug within the next three weeks! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS