• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maggical

Maggical

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Hi there,

I was listening to the last episode of the amazing podcast "Cardboard of the Rings" (check it out if you still haven't heard it) and they were talking about the "Hama Lock Deck", I imagine it uses Hama's ability with the tactic card that makes an enemy not attack, right?

Does someone have a decklist for the deck?

Thanks!

Javier

#2 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

I haven't listened to the podcast in question, but I do know Hama's ability with Feint is a very useful combo.

Every time he attacks you can put one event card from your discard pile into your hand. If you use feint to block the attack and Hama to then attack back, you can keep cycling through the same Feint card over and over.

I think that's what it means…..

It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!

#3 Maggical

Maggical

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Chaos101 said:

I haven't listened to the podcast in question, but I do know Hama's ability with Feint is a very useful combo.

Every time he attacks you can put one event card from your discard pile into your hand. If you use feint to block the attack and Hama to then attack back, you can keep cycling through the same Feint card over and over.

I think that's what it means…..

That was my first thought too, but I wanted to know if there was something else that I missed. Thanks!

#4 Connor McGinnis

Connor McGinnis

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think you're right in what the deck is about (and I haven't listened to the podcast), but I do find some holes in the plan. If you're just going to use "feint", then you're only allowed so many copies. There is no surefire way to make sure you always have one "feint" card handy. 

As such I would suggest throwing in as many copies of "Quick Strike" and "Swift Strike" as you can. They're always good, if not better, backups. Hama could always bring them out again and again as well.

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

in an all tactics deck then thicket of spears with hama is extremely effective at clearing whole heaps of enemies

but yes- this hama recycling thing is one of the best combos in the game

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS