Photo

Australian Call of Cthulhu National Championships!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Honest

Honest

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hey Team!

Good Games Burwood are pleased and proud to announce that the 2012 Australian National Championships for Call of Cthulhu LCG will be held at Good Games Burwood December 9th! This will be a fun celebration of a great LCG, details as follows:

Where: Good Games Burwood

Level 1, 195a Burwood Rd

Burwood NSW

P: (02) 97153229

When: Sunday 9th December. 11am rego, Noon start (deck lists required)

Format: Standard Constructed. Swiss rounds with top 4 play offs

Entry: $15

Prizes: Great trophy for the Champion! Top 4 receive ceramic beer steins! Top 8 receive exclusive Nationals Play Mats! Top 16 receive alternate domain cards

Call of Cthulhu is a great game. League play at Burwood starts Wednesday 14th, with demo nights each Wednesday starting November 7th. Its an LCG so its dead cheap and dead easy to get into. Come in for a demo, chances are you will love it!

Cheers

Honest

#2 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

dude. a bit more warning would be nice when promoting what is supposed to be a national tournament in a country the size of australia !! haha ( or that we were even having a national here ). we could have been saving our bikkies and organising a van full of melbournians to make the ( approx. 10 hour ) trek, including the australian regional champion. and i know at least 4 others from our established group who would've been only too eager to do so. i also have an associate in adelaide who was SPEWING when i told him about it and the date.

unfortunately not all of us can drop everything / raise funds on a months notice, so it may be the case that you'll be hosting only a small part of the national player pool. or perhaps this was the plan ? hmmm sydney ?? haha.

we'll see what we can do but i don't like some of our chances of making it on such notice.

#3 Honest

Honest

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Yep, I understand the short notice thing Brother. Regrettably its the best we can do with the tools we have available currently. It will be far better promoted next year (and hopefully they'll be more Regional events on around the country also).

On the plus side, Sydney is nice this time of year, Good Games Burwood is a good store, and FFG have put together a cool prize kit for the event.

Do what you can, hopefully some of your team may be able to make it

Cheers

Honest

#4 Honest

Honest

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hey Guys,

Just making it public knowledge, the ceramic mugs advertised for the top 4 won't be available this time around. We will try to organise something else cool to make up for this

Cheers

Honest

#5 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Still don't think I'll be able to make it, but was thinking ( a rare occurance before I speak ), that what would be fantastic for the interstate competitors is a short list of cheap accomodation sites around the Good Games area, including any backpackers if there are any for the dedicated but monetarily deficient.

#6 Honest

Honest

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Good idea

Bed and Breakfast can be found

http://www.burwoodbnb.com.au/

The Royal Sheaf

http://www.yellowpag...lowpages.com.au

Burwood Guest House

http://burwoodguesthouse.com.au/

Obviously, if you're happy to cruise into the CBD there is oodles of backbacker options, and Burwood is maybe a 25 minute train ride (all stops) from the city.

Good luck, hope you can make it

Honest

#7 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Also for all involved, I'm presuming Seekers of Knowledge will not be legal as part of the 2012 tournament season ??

#8 COCLCG

COCLCG

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

EDIT: stoopid double post

#9 Honest

Honest

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hey Team,

Just following on from COCLCGs query, the legal expansions for teh Australian National Championships are (per tournament rules v2.3.1) are

CT12e-17e Forgotten Lore Cycle
CT18 Call of Cthulhu The Card Game
Core Set
CT32 Secrets of Arkham Deluxe
Expansion
CT33 The Order of the Silver Twilight
Deluxe Expansion
CT19-24 Summons of the Deep Cycle
CT26-31 Dreamlands Cycle
CT34-39 The Yuggoth Contract Cycle
CT40-45 The Rituals of the Order Cycle
CT47-52 Ancient Relics Cycle
CT53 Written and Bound
CT54 Words of Power
CT55 Ebla Restored
CT56 Lost Rites
CT57 The Unspeakable Pages
CT58 Touched by the Abyss

The banned and restricted lists as per FAQ/Errata

Happy deckbuilding!

Honest

#10 Honest

Honest

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Just a reminder that this Sunday is the Australian Call of Cthulhu LCG National Championships! The prize kits from FFG is is stock now, and looks cool. It will be a fun day of story solving investigation, cruise in and have a crack. If you haven't played the game before but would like to, cruise in around 11am, I'll give you a 10 minute run through and some one will lend you a deck. Alternatively, cruise into Booty Bay on Monday night or Burwood on Wednesday night and check out the league. Someone there will show you the ropes, you can borrow a deck and play if you like to get a feel for the game, and you'll have a fun night.

See ya Sunday!

Honest

#11 Honest

Honest

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

For further updates on events, rules and general chats check

https://www.facebook...31511770271912/

For all those in Australia (or from anywhere interested in chatting about CoC)

Big year OP wise in Australia for CoC, this is another way to stay in the loop!

Cheers

Honest

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS