cost of gauntlets for martial arts?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Juanzarabozo

Juanzarabozo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I was trying to get a couple of gauntlets for my tao (the ones described in page 30 of dominus exxet), i was told that for the ones that do +10 damage i should pay 3 Gold Coins (price based on the cestus) and for the ones that do +20 damage i should pay 60 (like a cestus +5). I thought that the last one (coincidentally the one i wanted hahaha) is really expensive as it doesn´t say in the book that it should be a weapon of exceptional quality, just that no quality bonus the item gives should add to the tao´s attack and defense by any means.

Do you think i´m overreacting and the price is right or that it should cost as an expensive, but fairly normal weapon?

#2 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Juanzarabozo said:

I was trying to get a couple of gauntlets for my tao (the ones described in page 30 of dominus exxet), i was told that for the ones that do +10 damage i should pay 3 Gold Coins (price based on the cestus) and for the ones that do +20 damage i should pay 60 (like a cestus +5). I thought that the last one (coincidentally the one i wanted hahaha) is really expensive as it doesn´t say in the book that it should be a weapon of exceptional quality, just that no quality bonus the item gives should add to the tao´s attack and defense by any means.

Do you think i´m overreacting and the price is right or that it should cost as an expensive, but fairly normal weapon?

You shouldn't only think about the "boni" you get, but also about the weapon. How many combat-gauntlets for "weaponless fighting" are know? Not many. Therefore, they are rare and therefore, they are expensive.

Look at a Katana and a Longsword. AFAIK both weapons a nearly the same (except presence, and that a katana can be used with two hands), but a katana costs about 10 times more. This is, because katanas are rare (except in Lannet und perhaps Shivat).

So long,

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS