Jump to content



Photo

British Commandos Kill Squad vs rd devils


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kennethnchacon

kennethnchacon

    Member

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

 i cant decide between both, any ideas why one or the other im gettin zombies with it



#2 ??!

??!

    Member

  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

The Kill Squads are better if you want to fight infantry exclusively while the Red Devils have both anti-infantry and anti-walker abilities, so it kind of depends on the role you want to use the unit in. But if you want to use the Kill Squads, I think I'd use the French because Assault is much better compared to Scout. If you join Action Jackson to the French Kill Squad, you'd even have two Assaults to use.



#3 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, unfortunately there's no reason (mechanics-wise) why anyone would ever use the Brit Commandos instead of the French Legion. Assault does everything Scout does, but is better cause it can be used at any time.

The Kills Squad is by far the most reliable phaser weapon in the game, so if you need infantry killed, specially in cover, go with them. Red Devils are more versatile, but less reliable.



#4 mgentile7

mgentile7

    Member

  • Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Get them both, they are all great minis.

I am also looking to trade or purchase extra heads from anyone not using their french heads.



#5 Wolfscout

Wolfscout

    Member

  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

mgentile7 said:

Get them both, they are all great minis.

I am also looking to trade or purchase extra heads from anyone not using their french heads.

 

Agreed!



#6 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Definitely go with the Kill Squad.  They're a bit limited in what they can do, but what they do, they do very, very well.

 

I really dislike the Red Devils.  I guess I might like them more if the Tank Busters didn't exist, but since the Tank Busters do exist, and are almost as good against infantry, far better against armor, have much better mobility, and only cost two points more, I don't really see much of a reason for the Red Devils to ever hit the table.



#7 mgentile7

mgentile7

    Member

  • Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Just got my kill squads. They do look great. The heads though look a little large when put on other minis.



#8 fhaugh

fhaugh

    Member

  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Kriegschatten said:

Definitely go with the Kill Squad.  They're a bit limited in what they can do, but what they do, they do very, very well.

 

I really dislike the Red Devils.  I guess I might like them more if the Tank Busters didn't exist, but since the Tank Busters do exist, and are almost as good against infantry, far better against armor, have much better mobility, and only cost two points more, I don't really see much of a reason for the Red Devils to ever hit the table.

two words - IGNORES COVER!



#9 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

fhaugh said:

Kriegschatten said:

 

Definitely go with the Kill Squad.  They're a bit limited in what they can do, but what they do, they do very, very well.

 

I really dislike the Red Devils.  I guess I might like them more if the Tank Busters didn't exist, but since the Tank Busters do exist, and are almost as good against infantry, far better against armor, have much better mobility, and only cost two points more, I don't really see much of a reason for the Red Devils to ever hit the table.

 

 

two words - IGNORES COVER!

 

True enough, but if that's their big draw, why not use one of the Kill Squads instead?

 

 



#10 fhaugh

fhaugh

    Member

  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

I was just looking at Red Devils vs. Tankbusters



#11 kennethnchacon

kennethnchacon

    Member

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

I WENT WITH REDS DEVILS THEY PACK MORE PUNCH EVEN FOR THE AP COST



#12 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

I debuted my Brit Commandos today, paired with Action Jackson. And I must say, they worked great! They completely slaughtered a couple of squads with ease inside a building, using the phaser's "ignore cover" power to its full advantage. Their insanely high Close Combat value also forced a squad a attacking gorillas to choose a less vital target, leaving the commandos free to counterattack.

For their cost, I don't think you could want a better squad, if you're in need of some anti-infantry power, specially inside a building. It just bothers me that the Brits get the clearly inferior Scout, while the French get Assault. Also, rolling all that dice is a bit of a hassle…



#13 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

    Member

  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

Loophole Master said:

 Also, rolling all that dice is a bit of a hassle…

 

Heresy!  You can never roll too many dice!! reir



#14 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Yeah, I know! But it is…

Roll 4 dice for Action Jackson, then roll 3 times the amount of dice that hit.

Then roll 24 dice for the Commandos, and then roll twice the amount of dice that hit.

 

I wonder if we'll ever be able to attach a Spotter to a phaser squad……… That would be evil.



#15 Roskov

Roskov

    Member

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Is this ignoring cover thing works on the hard cover of the building:

ex: shooting with units outside at units inside ???



#16 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Sure, ignore cover is ignore cover. The only thing I find a bit iffy is ignoring the cover provided by the Darkness rules in Hades, that just seems wrong.



#17 Reuben What Is?

Reuben What Is?

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

what does Scout do? I cant find it listed anyhere. Is it the same as "Scout Vehicle"?



#18 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Yep, same thing.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS