• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hi All,

Sorry if these queries are repeated but the search facility doesn't seem to work on my PC and I'm not trawling through 140 pages of posts to find out if this has already been asked. But….

1. In the setup of The Hunt for Gollum I revealed the treachery card 'Old Wives' Tales' which states "Discard 1 resource from each hero's resource pool, if able. Exhaust any hero that could not discard a resource from its pool". Assuming I am playing this right, no resources would have been assigned yet as it is only the setup stage so would every hero would have to exhaust? I played it as such, which made the first round very tricky!

2. Stage 1b and 2b of the quest deck states that "After the players quest successfully, the first player looks at the top 3/2 cards of the encounter deck. Reveal and add 1 of those cards to the staging area, and discard the other/other 2 cards". If I reveal Eastern Crows do I then need to satisfy the surge element and reveal an extra card from the deck?

Thanks in advance for your help with this (and apologies again if it has already been asked and answered).

It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

Chaos101 said:

Hi All,

Sorry if these queries are repeated but the search facility doesn't seem to work on my PC and I'm not trawling through 140 pages of posts to find out if this has already been asked. But….

1. In the setup of The Hunt for Gollum I revealed the treachery card 'Old Wives' Tales' which states "Discard 1 resource from each hero's resource pool, if able. Exhaust any hero that could not discard a resource from its pool". Assuming I am playing this right, no resources would have been assigned yet as it is only the setup stage so would every hero would have to exhaust? I played it as such, which made the first round very tricky!

2. Stage 1b and 2b of the quest deck states that "After the players quest successfully, the first player looks at the top 3/2 cards of the encounter deck. Reveal and add 1 of those cards to the staging area, and discard the other/other 2 cards". If I reveal Eastern Crows do I then need to satisfy the surge element and reveal an extra card from the deck?

Thanks in advance for your help with this (and apologies again if it has already been asked and answered).

1….yes- all heros would exhaust as they dont have resources.

2….if you choose to reveal the eastern crows then yes, the surge happens, but by merely looking at them it does not

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Chaos101

Chaos101

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

Thanks, Rich.

I have been playing this wrong then. I was adding Eastern Crows and ignoring the surge as the quest card said to add one card. Oh well…. try again!

Lee

It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS