Fighting with lore/spirit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Autobot Tran

Autobot Tran

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey guys, im fairly new to LoTR:LCG. Im currently reading LotR fellowship and it really hooked me into the game. 

anyway I bought the core, khazad dum, and a few sets from the darrowdelf set… Im having a hard time going through the Khazad Dum quests. ive been trying to make a lore/spirit deck but im having a lot of issues with the enemies that pop up. 

I dont want to get into specifics on what i should run or what im not running. I was just wondering how do people who choose these two spheres attack? i ran into the Trolls and they beat my face. I pretty much lose when i engage one. I have a lot of allies in my deck but i just looked through all my lore characters and I was hard pressed to find any allies that didnt have 0 ATK. Maybe i bought the wrong sets and am missing a few good lore fighters? Also in spirit there are a few that have 2 ATK but i wasnt able to get enough out.

Basically i was doing about 2 dmg to a troll with 3 ARM a turn  and he was just hammering me. I know there are cards like the snare card that make it so they cant attack, but are there other cards/combos that im missing that make this a good combo? 

On the 7th level quest i had to abandon my these spheres and make a dwarf deck (which i dont really want to do)

In short im still fairly new to the game and am wondering how non leadership/tactics decks fight these big creatures and hordes of creatures.

THANKS!

#2 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

Yes you do miss certain cards (from shadows of Mirkwood cycle) that could make lore/spirit deck do better at fighting. Some that come immediately come to mind are:
Haldir of Lorien
Elfhelm,
and "non-fighting" card that is tremendous for spirit:
Ancient Mathom.
Also another copy of core set is also great (especially for spirit - another copy of Northen Tracker, dwarven tomb, unexpected courage etc.).

All this aside I would say that in scenarios with heavy fighting this sphere combination is far from perfect and addition of tactics or leadership (instead of lore? Spirit?) might be necessary for a decent shot of wining at those.

#3 Maggical

Maggical

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hi there,

I'm playing a Lore/Spirit deck and managed to beat all the Khaza-dum adventures with it, there's a log and the decklist too:

http://www.fantasyfl...=4&efidt=736831

Hope it helps!

Javier

#4 Autobot Tran

Autobot Tran

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the reply.

I would certainly love to get another copy of the core set to get those certain cards, but of course there is the money constraint… I do want to pick up some of the other cycle cards though since they will all be new.

Maggical - Actually your thread is what prompted me to post this thread, i was reading through your deck list and your play throughs. i guess in the end you said you quest heavy at first since you have low threat… perhaps i am making the deck with the wrong mindset, as in trying to do something that lore/spirit doesnt do well. i should focus on its strengths and have a few cards that can help with the fighting but try and win in a way that suits lore/spirit better?

Maybe i should value low starting threat more and use that early game to build up my resources because as of right now i engage enemies right from the get go. 

#5 Maggical

Maggical

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Autobot Tran said:

Maggical - Actually your thread is what prompted me to post this thread, i was reading through your deck list and your play throughs. i guess in the end you said you quest heavy at first since you have low threat… perhaps i am making the deck with the wrong mindset, as in trying to do something that lore/spirit doesnt do well. i should focus on its strengths and have a few cards that can help with the fighting but try and win in a way that suits lore/spirit better?

Maybe i should value low starting threat more and use that early game to build up my resources because as of right now i engage enemies right from the get go. 

I wouldn't say you are doing something wrong at all, all approaches are valid and that's a great thing this game has. Off course that for a strong attack deck then most of the cards should probably be from the Tactics sphere, because it's the main focus of it. For a Lore/Spirit deck I think you should be focusing on allies to do it…

Glad you liked my post :)

Javier

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS