Photo

Gaining Warlock's Quests in the Inner Region; What happens?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yesterday, my brother and I were playing Talisman. He had a much better position than I, but I were already inside the Inner Region and in the Valley of Fire. On his turn, he landed on a space and drew Astral Conjunction, causing both of us to gain a spell. The spell he gained were Path of Destiny, and on the beginning of my turn he used it on my character, causing me to gain a quest. Now, here's the question. He argued that since he caused me to gain a quest, and since one cannot enter the Inner Region with a quest, I would be thrown out of the region. But I argued that since I were already inside, it didn't matter if I couldn't enter the region with a quest, since I already had entered it. What do you guys think?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,260 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

It doesn't directly affect you, you're already on the Inner Region, so what do you care about not being able to open the Portal of Power? However, it can still mess with you, namely if you drew a WQ that you could complete on the spot, you would have to do so and would thus be teleported to the Warlock's Cave. So if you drew say "discard 1 follower" quest and have a follower, you would have to discard a follower to complete the quest. If you drew "kill 1 dragon", you wouldn't have to leave the IR to hunt for a dragon, you could continue on to the Crown.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Tiggurix

Tiggurix

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

True, that would have been very unfortunate. I don't think I drew such a quest, but we didn't finish the game anyway, since we couldn't reach an agreement. Anyway, thank you for your answer!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS