My Tournament

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I am getting this printed sometime soon but wanted to share with you guys my idea for a tournament legal map.  it has all the set areas on it yet still has a great background. tell me what you think

Posted Image

#2 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

Don't like it I'm afraid, to colourful and to much going on.

#3 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

here goes the direct link to image its a little different posting images on here than other forums i have used

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p490/Corey_Budwine/mapincm.jpg

#4 agashmirv

agashmirv

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

I like it, but what do I know, I wear Hawaiian shirts all the time. :)

#5 hothie

hothie

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

I like the idea, I just think there's too much going on, and I doubt I would be able to play on it.

Here is a pic of the map that my wife made using plain black felt and a sheer "starry" material sown together. (the models are just there for effect, not an actual game.)

The thread for my Let em Fly campaign. Always looking for military overseas addresses to send packages to.

http://community.fan...ort-our-troops/

#6 Fabster

Fabster

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

The X-wing pilot on the left must be very drunk :)

#7 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Here you go :)

#8 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

thanks I don't like the background myself I think i am going to do something a bit more generic a friend of mine's son really liked this picture and wanted it for his map I was making.  mine will be a bit less busy.  I was more curious what people thought about having the colored set up area and the astroid set up area in the center highlighted like it is.

#9 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

I think it's a good way to make the setup convenient and quick. However, if you are intending the red/green to be faction specific, I would change it to a neutral color like the white center.

If it is meant for tournament play, then you have to use the tournament rules of course, which might include mirror matches.

Even with standard gameplay, when using asteroids, the rebel is supposed to be able to choose sides to start on after the tokes are placed. (Although for practical purposes we never play that way in my house.) So you could end up with a rebel on the green side. If that doesn't bother you then never mind.

Be seeing you.

#10 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

thats a good idea plus if we get more factions then the red and green might not be so good

#11 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

I like it. I prefer gray scale to red or green, but it's neat for setting up scenarios. Nebula battles seem like more of a Star Trek thing to me, but it's pretty, though possibly confusing to some players.  I'd only use it for casual play. The center box and edges are basically measuring tools in and of themselves.

#12 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Little help how do you edit an old post ie change the title of this post to "my tournament map" and I am having difficulties posting pictures as well.

#13 Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

two maps that I redone in basic colors

map 1 is my Favorite 

Map 2 is for a friend

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS