• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Abelard

Abelard

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

Blah blah blah, tournament blah blah

"Middle-earth is a place of wonders and magic, but it’s also a world of myriad untold perils. Participants in The Lord of the Rings Fellowship Event will be the first to blaze new trails into the heart of Mirkwood, one of Middle-earth’s darkest, deadliest, and most infamous realms."

New quests? Mirkwood? Discuss

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

as on my other post, given people are talking about these weather cards (or whatever ffg  make) i think the 'darkly' means new encounter cards to be put in with core set mirkwood quests

so no new quests, just old ones made harder

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 RGun

RGun

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

They might also introduce some new quest cards that leverage the old encounter decks, plus a few new encounter cards.  Some new quest cards would really enable some good replay value for the old encounter decks.

#4 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

RGun said:

They might also introduce some new quest cards that leverage the old encounter decks, plus a few new encounter cards.  Some new quest cards would really enable some good replay value for the old encounter decks.

Yes new quest card is really good idea to make a old quests shining again.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#5 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

These events are going to be a lot of fun. The few new encounter cards will be great, but the real fun will be had when you meet and play with like minded people in your area. I've met some of my best friends through programs like this. I highly recommend you give this a try if you're able.

#6 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

The idea of creating upgrades for the old quests (to preserve their difficulty in line with the release of new cards) is a very good one. If this isn't what they intend to do, I hope that they do it in future.

#7 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

I think I just about exploded with excitement when I read the full article! Tournament stuff aside, the idea of producing extra cards that the sentence:

However, it’s also a chance for players to discover frightening new surprises in an area they may have once considered fully explored.

is just too much for me to cope with! The Mirkwood quests are still my favourites after all this time, and the ones I return to most often. Producing extra cards would just be a xmas dream come true  Seriously, I am very excited. I just hope it's not going to be a POD thing, as they would (presumably) need to be shuffled into the main encounter deck. For those of us who remain sleeveless, this could be an issue…

And now, if you'll excuse me, I shall go have a lie down…

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#8 soullos

soullos

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

New encounter cards for older quests huh? I like that idea. I wonder if it's going to be new cards for a specific quest or these cards are general in their use and can be used for any encounter deck. Either way, deck building encounter decks sounds awesome. :D

#9 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hope someone is there and soon we can get some report about event……. And specially about those new encounter cards if there is some….

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS