Photo

Core Set Reprints -- Corrected Card Text?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I e-mailed FFG to find out if all of the Core Set cards have corrected text (per the FAQ) and this was their response:

"The printing that is currently making its way through the system is going to be the same as the last.

The last printing had the FAQ and errata applied to it.

Hope that helps!"

did anyone get a recent printing of the Core Set and can confirm the cards have been updated?

#2 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

I really hope so. I would buy another core with the updated text. 

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#3 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

Which version of the errata? There's been several, but most important changes only came out recently. I'd be surprised if they were on core sets currently for sale. These things take time to work through the system.

#4 Iranon

Iranon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

No definite answer to this yet? I was thinking of getting into this game but I'd rather wait for the reprint to hit stores in a few weeks than buy it right now, if the reprint will reflect the most recent errata. Does anyone know for sure?

#5 Maggical

Maggical

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

This would be good!

#6 theswampking

theswampking

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Are they giving printing dates?  Mine says "1197SEP11" and is definitely not corrected.  I'd be curious what printings have what corrections, though if this is the same as the last, whenever that was, I agree it is unlikely to have the latest errata corrected.

#7 rfox01

rfox01

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

I recently got the game. The date on the UPC symbol on my box says "1495OCT12".

It has all the black text changes listed in the 1.3 FAQ: Dol Guldur Beastmaster, Nazgul of Dol Guldur, and Necromancer's Tower.

But it does not include any of the newest errata (in red in the FAQ): Beravor, Protector of Lorien.

My rulebook also has a © 2012 copyright, and it too does not include the FAQ red text change either.

So it does look like they are making efforts to correct later printings, but it probably takes time for them to change the actual printing production.

#8 theswampking

theswampking

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Thank you for the information!

#9 jrd

jrd

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have printable versions of Beravor, Zigil Miner and Protector of Lorien on my web site (http://jrd.eu5.org/l...r_cardgame.html).

#10 rfox01

rfox01

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Oh, wow, nice work on your site. I'll certainly be taking a look at some of those custom quests you've created.

BTW, how do you recommend printing out cards? I haven't been able to find a good card stock to print on for proxy cards so I've just printed on regular printer paper and using another card as backing inside a sleeve.

What do you recommend?

#11 jrd

jrd

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Thanks rfox01. I use glossy photo paper and print on the highest quality setting, then cut out the cards and glue the A and B sides together with general purpose non-water-based adhesive. I store all my cards in cheap card sleeves. I've tried different thicknesses of paper and have found 150-180gsm to be best.

For non-quest cards, I have printed out sheets of encounter card backs which I glue to the backs of the cards as above.

Hope this helps!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS