• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I think he's pretty awesome even at the low strength.  You could pay for him with a Narrow Sea or Seat of Power and then return it to your hand and hopefully use it again(Seat of Power is Limited yes, but you get my drift).  Then he also has the naval icon for POW challenges.

I think Joust has been greatly upgraded by combining it with Naval characters that you can declare after that one defender has been declared.  We shall see.

#2 Intentionally Anonymous

Intentionally Anonymous

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

Well his name is Dale Seaworth for one.

Also, this is exactly the kind of ability that would be awesome on a Stalwart character.  Too bad it's a Bara dude…

Overall he's pretty neat.

#3 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Also the naval mechanic uses the declare keyword too, so i bet joust is stil enforced to only one.

#4 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

dcdennis said:

Also the naval mechanic uses the declare keyword too, so i bet joust is stil enforced to only one.

Right, but after they declare their one defender, you can add any attacking Naval characters to the challenge.  It only matters when they declare defenders.

#5 Ire

Ire

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

I feel that joust P for Baratheon can always be powerful (Smugglers cove).

As for the character, it gives you card advantage and it is comes into play and leaves from play ability. Whats not there to love?

#6 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Anyone up for discussing combo ideas? I've found Called to Court which becomes "Take 2 Bara cards from your discard pile" with Dale and super awesome and useless one: Dale, 3 cost character, 1 Bound by Blood in hand and 1 Bound by Blood in discard pile (you can swap Dale and that 3 Cost guy once per challenge phase with no effect on the game=)

#7 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

If I understand the Bound By Blood combo you're describing, it wouldn't work. You can't recur events with Dale. "1 [Stag Icon] card" means a card with a Baratheon shield, so it'd only work with characters, locations, and attachments; events, even "House Baratheon only" events, don't have house shields and thus can't be recurred with Dale.

#8 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

yes my mistake bone, i thought you meant declare a reg defender then another naval defender. sometimes im too eager to try and prove you wrong ;)

#9 Rogue Cypher

Rogue Cypher

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I can't be the only one who noticed the description of "people back from the dead" so we can use their resources…

***SPOILERS***

Is that a hint at possible new versions of: Lyanna Stark, Jon Arryn, Rhaegar Targaryen, Yoren, Brandon/Rickard Stark, Ygritte, etc.?

***SPOILERS***

The prospect of the possibilities is very interesting to me for some reason.

#10 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

alpha5099 said:

If I understand the Bound By Blood combo you're describing, it wouldn't work. You can't recur events with Dale. "1 [Stag Icon] card" means a card with a Baratheon shield, so it'd only work with characters, locations, and attachments; events, even "House Baratheon only" events, don't have house shields and thus can't be recurred with Dale.

True, my bad on that one.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS