Photo

Upgrade cards, artwork vs faction, who chooses first etc?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HuwBacca

HuwBacca

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hi.

First post on here so hope I don't balls it up.

My question is in the title of my post really. Can any faction, imp or rebel choose upgrade cards if they have the corresponding icon? Or do you go on which ones 'look' like your faction because of the artwork? Determination for example has a big whack off pic of Darth Vader on it but both factions share that icon on some cards.

So thats the first question out of the way. If the answer to the above is yes, both can use the cards regardless of artwork, how do you choose the cards? Does it go by initiative, i.e the imps get to choose first, if the points value is matched of course.

Hope someone can help, and thanks in advance for any response.

#2 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

Anyone can use any Upgrade card for which they have the appropriate symbol.  Artwork doesn't matter.

Squad creation isn't part of the actual gameplay process.  You should make your squads separately before the game begins.  Obviously, if you don't have enough of a specific Upgrade/Pilot to go around, you'll have to come up with a way to determine who gets what.

#3 Warchitect

Warchitect

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

you could go with pilot skill higher picks first. then if there is a tie. it goes to the higher point cost character, then if that's a tie use the automatic  "empire wins initiative rule." 

but if the card is taken up, then I play that there is no available supply of missiles to equip you with.

I mean lets face it, when Darth Wants something, I think he gets first choice. 

IF you buy multiple core sets, this last one starts to become a non-issue. 

#4 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

HuwBacca said:

Hi.

First post on here so hope I don't balls it up.

You posted a question in the wrong place and on top of that it has already been asked.

[ADMIN: Edited for content. Please keep all remarks civil.]

#5 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

HuwBacca, Ignore ShadowJak. For some reason he feels he is one of the "Self Appointed" guardians of what is worthy of being  asked on this Forum.

To answer your question, see page 21  Squad Building in Missions

Edit: BTY, welcome! You have chosen a fun game to invest your time and money in.

#6 ShadowJak

ShadowJak

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Chairborne said:

HuwBacca, Ignore ShadowJak. For some reason he feels he is one of the "Self Appointed" guardians of what is worthy of being  asked on this Forum.

I AM THE LAW!

#7 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

ShadowJak said:

Chairborne said:

I AM THE LAW!

You're a Loony! Come Patsy! (Rides off with the sound of coconuts clicking together. )

#8 HuwBacca

HuwBacca

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated. ShadowJak…Jog on! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS