OC/LA Socal area…..WOW!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Soulfly626

Soulfly626

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

So I called around to see if anyone is playing the game at their stores….

The answer I got from all the places so far is NO.

Reason being is that the game is too expensive and no one wants to buy.

Very interresting. I already own the 1 core and all four expansions….on its way is a 2nd core and 2 y wings and one more x wing.

I also pre ordered all the expansions with extra a wings and interceptors.

I hope more ppl buy the game around here….

#2 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Emerald Knights in Burbank has been having regular Tuesday night events - but I haven't been able to get there for a few weeks so check out their website calendar to be sure…

Visit DocSavageTales.blogspot.com for cool stuff!

#3 LaughingTree

LaughingTree

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

How late is Emerald Nights open? I probably wouldn't be able to get there until 9:30 or so though.

Also we are planning to do XWing at Kingdom Con in April 2013 so I'll keep you updated.

#4 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

I keep hoping to make it up to Burbank for an X-Wing night, but I'm in OC… it's a bit out of my way.

Here's the X-Wing schedule I currently participate in:

• 1st Thursdays (Also 3rd Thursdays after Netrunner) - Dice House Games, Fullerton
  • 2nd Saturdays - St Crispin's Hobby Day, Anaheim
  • Alternating Sundays (after the Netrunner league) - Brookhurst Hobbies, Garden Grove

If we get a good consistent number of people playing, I'll happily organize an X-Wing league as well.

I mainly use this meetup page just for a calendar of events:

javascript:void(0);/*1353026425708*/

#5 Soulfly626

Soulfly626

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

paradox23 said:

I keep hoping to make it up to Burbank for an X-Wing night, but I'm in OC… it's a bit out of my way.

Here's the X-Wing schedule I currently participate in:

• 1st Thursdays (Also 3rd Thursdays after Netrunner) - Dice House Games, Fullerton
  • 2nd Saturdays - St Crispin's Hobby Day, Anaheim
  • Alternating Sundays (after the Netrunner league) - Brookhurst Hobbies, Garden Grove

If we get a good consistent number of people playing, I'll happily organize an X-Wing league as well.

I mainly use this meetup page just for a calendar of events:

javascript:void(0);/*1353026425708*/

I'm down to go starting next week. I got both core sets, expansions and game mat. I'll be going out of town because of thanksgiving.

Send me a text and we can meet up at any of the above places. 714-420-5810 Tony.

#6 Soulfly626

Soulfly626

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Doc Savage said:

Emerald Knights in Burbank has been having regular Tuesday night events - but I haven't been able to get there for a few weeks so check out their website calendar to be sure…

what's the schedule/times they play….I get off at 5/6pm add some traffic. i probably wont make it until 7-8pm.

thanks!!

#7 PopularDumpling

PopularDumpling

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Soulfly626 said:

Doc Savage said:

what's the schedule/times they play….I get off at 5/6pm add some traffic. i probably wont make it until 7-8pm.

thanks!!

here now at Emerald Knights, no other players here, but will wait around till 8 for you. employee here said two guys usually show up weekly, but must not be here as it's holiday week.  There's also a few people last week that said they plan to go to Game Empire in Pasadena on Wednesdays. Don't think the turnout will be that great tomorrow as day before thanksgiving, but I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

#8 Havok0283

Havok0283

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hello, 

I recently picked up this amazing game just this past sunday and looking for other players also. A league would be awesome if one exists in the Orange County area. Im bummed out i did get in on this game sooner, doing the Kessel Run wouldve been so much fun. I too come out of work at 5pm and factoring traffic etc. I dont see myself playing till at least 7pm or so. If theres a game store with weekly games in the OC area let me know ill definitely join in on the fun. 

Sam. 

#9 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hey Sam,

Come to Dice House Games in Fullerton on Thursday.  I try to get there about 6pm(ish).  We've got a great community of players for X-Wing and Netrunner.

#10 theatrix

theatrix

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Sam,

We play on most Sunday afternoons at Brookhurst Hobbies in Garden Grove from around 3/4 p.m. until closing.   On the second Saturday of each month, we also play at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Anaheim, CA at their mini-convention called "Hobby Day".

#11 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hey Soulfly,

Im the FFG TO at JJ's Game Lounge up in Chatsworth. We are a new store but have quite a few people who play X-wing along with some other FFG games on a regular basis, myself included. We are running a 100 point tournament this upcoming saturday Feb. 2nd. Im finishing up 3 X-wing specific tables right now just for our X-wing players. We would be more than happy to have you come and get some games in. I'll actually be running demos and playing some games tomorrow night as well as Wednesday. So shoot me a message if you want to set something up or would like more info about our tournament.

All the best,

WeaponsFree

#12 Satchmo

Satchmo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hey Soulfly, what store are you close to? i Live in Covina and sometimes go to Game Empire in Pasadena. I have not seen anyone playing there yet but i am told they do exist. I am new to the game and actually havent played it yet but i would like to get something going. I have 2 core sets and one of each expansion. 

Also is your name from the band? Max Cavalera rocks! 

#13 binici

binici

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Seems like there are plenty of place now that are going to start running tournaments and league events in SoCal.

So far we have:

1. Brookhurst Hobbies - Garden Grove on Sunday's?
  2. Dice House Games - Fullerton on Thursday Nights (6p.m.-closing)

I know Brookhurst Hobbies has league starting this weekend (Sunday) @ 3:00p.m. according to their meetup schedule. Not sure when Dice House Games plans on running league…

Looking forward to the tournament this weekend!

http://www.fantasyfl...=6&efidt=771258 by WeaponsFree @ JJ's Game Lounge

#14 RAGE1073

RAGE1073

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm In Ventura county, and my 5 local hobby stores are always selling out of everything but my friend and I never see anyone playing.

Im going to be at the tournament in Chatsworth though, it's around 1 hour away though. If there's any gamers in the VC area let me know

#15 Morse

Morse

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Wish I could make the tourny tomorrow but I have to work.  I will head over to Emerald Knights on Tuesday around 6:00.  Was there last week but no one else showed up.

#16 binici

binici

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Morse said:

Wish I could make the tourny tomorrow but I have to work.  I will head over to Emerald Knights on Tuesday around 6:00.  Was there last week but no one else showed up.

It's actually Saturday (if talking about the tournament in Chattsworth JJ's).

#17 Morse

Morse

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

And here I was wishfully thinking it was Friday.  Yeah I have to work on Saturday.  The earliest time I could get there is 3:00 which is way past the noon start time.

#18 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Here's an up to date list of regular play in LA/OC:

Weekly:

• Tuesday 6-10 @ Emerald Knight Comics and Games, Burbank
  • Thursday 5-10 @ Dice House Games, Fulleron
  • Sunday 3-7 @ Brookhurst Hobbies, Garden Grove

Monthly:

• 2nd Saturdays 10-10 @ St Crispins Hobby Day - Knights of Columbus Hall, Anaheim

League play:

• Dice House meeting primarily on 1st Thursdays; though every Thursday is Fantasy Flight Night and Sundays are popular board game and FFG days as well.
  • Brookhurst Hobbies is aiming for every Sunday.

Occasional Tournaments:

• JJ's Game Lounge, Chatsworth
  • The Realm Games, Brea
  • Game Empire, Pasadena
  • Majestix, Huntington Beach

#19 WeaponsFree

WeaponsFree

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

JJ's Game Lounge is in the process of getting set up for League play. I will be posting in these forums along with A Few Maneuvers when we get everything rolling.

#20 paradox23

paradox23

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Time to get a few hours of sleep before going to Brookhurst for X-Wing League.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS