Hey Westerosians & Ottawans!
I would like to invite any AGOT LCG players in the Ottawa Region, to the new AGOT Ottawa League. We will be meeting every Tuesday night at The Farmteam Cookhouse and Bar at 7pm. (The meeting time can be earlier once we get more players)
This will be a friendly league aimed at giving the local AGOT community somewhere to meet and play on a regular basis. To help build the community we have set up A Game of Thrones: The Card Game LCG Ottawa Facebook Group. If you are in the area please join up.
To make it interesting we will be keeping a league table based on Person and House.
Current rules for the league (subject to change):
- It is free to come out and play.
- Jousts only will be counted.
- All cards are available for deck building, including the latest chapter packs. Banned and Restricted cards operate the same as per tournament rules.
- Decks can be changed between matches.
- An individual can have more than one house in the league. They will be represented as Player Name of House Name (Player/House). E.g. Trevor of House Greyjoy and Trevor of House Stark.
- An individual cannot play himself (obviously)
- Match-ups will be as per agreement on the day.
- The league will go for 12 weeks. The length of the league is to enable regular players to play multiple houses and for occasional players to get a full schedule with one or 2 houses.
- Each Player/House will count their first 20 matches
- Collusion to manipulate the league table will not be tolerated. Players can be booted from the league at the discretion of the organisers.
- The results of the game will be recorded including the final Power standings. For and Against in power will be used to decide ties on the table, e.g. For total minus Against Total
- There will be no time limit on games except closing of store. If someone must leave a game before the game finishes than they forfeit the game.
Points will be awarded as follows:
- 3 points for a Win
- 2 points for Wins Called Due to Time (based on who has more power, ties will get 1 point each)
- 1 point for each different person your Player/House plays each week (this is to encourage players to have matches against as many different people as possible and not just seek easy wins against the same players)
- 2 points for each different person your Player/House plays over the course of the season (this is to encourage players to have matches against as many different people as possible and not just seek easy wins against the same players)
- No points will be awarded in teaching games (against new players to the game). As a general rule both players must supply their own built decks for the game to count in the league.
The Farmteam Cookhouse and Bar address is 683 Bank Street, Ottawa (in the Glebe). The bar has parking plus there is more on side streets.
Looking forward to a beer and game,