Recovering Obedience

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eradico Pravus

Eradico Pravus

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

For the Ratcatcher and his Small but Vicious Dog or the Animal Tamer (LF7), how do you handle recovering obedience? I assume you make an Animal Handling check… Does the number of successes equal the amount of obedience recovered? 

Is there a frequency limit for checks like this? Once per day or once per encounter or what?

Thanks!

#2 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

I seem to recall that the rule is that you roll animal handling after each nights rest (same modifiers for good/bad conditions as for other recovery checks in when waking up). Successes equal the number of recovered obedience.

Also, there are action cards and talents that allow the player to recover obedience.

Lastly, the I allowed the amber order spell which heals animals to recover the obedience of the dog (once per day, as per the limitations of healing).

#3 Eradico Pravus

Eradico Pravus

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

k7e9 said:

I seem to recall that the rule is that you roll animal handling after each nights rest (same modifiers for good/bad conditions as for other recovery checks in when waking up). Successes equal the number of recovered obedience.

Also, there are action cards and talents that allow the player to recover obedience.

Lastly, the I allowed the amber order spell which heals animals to recover the obedience of the dog (once per day, as per the limitations of healing).

OK, thanks, I'll look for those cards and/or talents.

#4 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

It's a talent (trick) for the dog called "Good Dog". The action "Old dog, new trick" allow the dog to recover obedience on two boons. There could be other pet actions that help with obedience recovery.

#5 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

The answer is in the same card of the SBVD, there you can read the following:

"The SBVD recovers Obedience in the same way characters recovers fatigue and stress, using the owner's Animal Handling instead of Discipline or Resilience."

Therefore, the SBVD recovers automatically an amount of Obedience at the end of any encounter equal to the owners Fel. Additionally, during a rally step it recovers 1 point of Obedience, and it's owner can attempt an Easy (1d) Animal Handling check to recover 1 Obedience per Hammer generated (this of course counts towards the actions the PC can perform during the rally step). Finally, with an overnight rest the SBVD will recover an amount of Obedience equal to the owner's Fel.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#6 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

What kind of meanie GM would let harm come to a small, loveable, little, cute baby puppy like that?

#7 Eradico Pravus

Eradico Pravus

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the helpful clarification.

Um, Emirikol, do I really need to answer that question? 

#8 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

On a related topic, FFG clarified for me that the SBVD must make fear and terror checks or lose obedience too (using Animal Handling to check).  Essentially, everything that threatens Fatigue or Sanity loss threatens obedience.

As to what sort of GM would hurt such a creature, well at my table it's more the other players wanting to know "how can we 'accidentally' kill the annoying, yappy thing"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS