• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

yeah,
Not sure if you guys have seen this model, It's made by hallmar as a christmas ornament it's almost perfect for X-wing.

From my blog over on dakka - http://www.dakkadakk...87.page#4932621
(plus more photos)

Using Force.nets measurements converted to FFGs X-Wing 1/270 scale;
In Flight mode the miniature should be.
Length: 67mm………………. . . . . . the Hallmark Shuttle is 75mm - - - 8 mm too long - - 11.9%
Height: 115 mm wings down…. the Hallmark Shuttle is 122mm - - 7 mm too tall - - - 6%
Width: 118 mm wings down…. . the Hallmark Shuttle is 120mm - - 2 mm too wide - -1.6%

I do think this is as close as we are getting until FFG release their version??!?

Panic…

#2 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

It looks awesome.  You would need to customize the base to be able to play with it.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#3 peteparkerh

peteparkerh

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Very cool.  We are working on a scenerio to use this here: http://afewmaneuvers....php?f=24&t=135

#4 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

I busted this out of the Christmas Ornament box too.  It lights up and plays the Imperial March!  

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook.com/groups/swgon/ Star Wars Gaming Ontario formerly known as Star Wars Miniatures Toronto

#5 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Which just adds to the excitement !

There is now a scale cut out posted in PeteParkerh's Mission thread - for those that don't have the Hallmark model :)

Where did you get that base from?  Looks a little like the newer GW flight bases.

#6 Cid_MCDP

Cid_MCDP

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

That's brilliant!!!

#7 BigDogg

BigDogg

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

found one on Ebay but it already had 25 bids and was at $27. A little steep at this point.

• Rebels: 5 X-wing, 3 Y-wing, 3 A-wing, 3 B-wing, 2 Hawk 290 and  a YT-1300
  • Imperial: 9 Tie fighters, 3 Advanced, 3 Interceoters, 2 Bombers, a Shuttle and Firspray 31

#8 Panic

Panic

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

yeah,
Hrathen said:

It looks awesome.  You would need to customize the base to be able to play with it.
I'm waiting for the slave and falcon to copy the size of those.

JustinKase said:
…Where did you get that base from?  Looks a little like the newer GW flight bases.
It's the GW flight base with two stand pinned to double it's height.

Been playing around with some ideas for a ship card and missions and looking at the cards over at a few maneuvers.
 http://afewmaneuvers....php?f=24&t=135

Panic…

#9 Joscha

Joscha

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Very cool model.

Is it still available and where can I get it from? Searched by Hallmark but couldn't find it.

#10 cert13

cert13

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

The evil empire supplier of E-Bay, just about the same price point as the new falcon.

Wedge Antilles: The only character from the original series that appears in all three movies, has only one costume, and still manages to help destroy TWO Death Stars.

#11 michaeltaylor

michaeltaylor

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Panic said:

Not sure if you guys have seen this model, It's made by hallmar as a christmas ornament it's almost perfect for X-wing.

Yeah, I got this and it's great - I haven't found a stand for it though - where did you get yours?

PS: I paid $27.24 on eBay and I think that's about as good as it gets. It'll probably cost at least as much as FFG will charge for it if they ever make it (and I hope they don't). But I think it was worth it.

thanks!

#12 Sgt. G

Sgt. G

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

awesome find

#13 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Sgt. G said:

awesome find

Are you talking about the Shuttle or this thread?  This thread was buried under 6 weeks of unorganized random threads, it's a miracle it ever surfaced again.  And now back to the depths of obscurity…

#14 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Hey! I've got that thing hanging off my heating vent in the basement! That IS close enough for Star Wars work. I don't think I'll mess with it until we see Wave Three, though.

Michaeltaylor: he is using a Warhammer large flight base. Warhammer bases (two sizes) are my "mount of choice" for ALL my display needs. Simple and elegant.

Aaaannd… as a side note, as mentioned in another thread I wrote FFG to see if they sold replacement bases for X-Wing and I never got a reply; but on a product support/FAQ page they stated they do NOT sell replacement bases for those damaged by "rough play" etc. Probably, I'm guessing, precisely for the reasons of staving off garage kitting and other constructive unofficial ships.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS