• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Randal

Randal

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi,

In the Broken Chains adventure it says a failed Medicae test results in damage equivalent to the Intelligence bonus.:

"A successful Medicae Test removes Damage equal to the character’s Intelligence Bonus. A failure by more than three degrees inflicts one additional point of Damage."

However in the core book it does not mention damage from a failed test:

"A successful Medicae Test removes Damage equal to your Intelligence Bonus on Lightly Damaged Characters or one Damage Point from Heavily or Critically Damaged Characters."

Any idea if this is an omission or a change to the rules?

Thanks.

#2 Grimsson

Grimsson

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

After a quick scan of the errata I could not find any entry discussing this.

How I would rule it:

If it is the light damage, before they get into the negative wounds it would do no damage. Misplacing a bandage should not inflict wounds. However maybe when dealing with limb loss and field surgery - perhaps the damage should be applied, less the Toughness bonus.

However, without a clear FFG ruling you have to judge for yourself. Maybe another poster will have a better answer though.

#3 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that all rule for all operating systems including Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy, Only War, Deathwatch and Black Crusade are the same. It strikes me as similar content when I read your post. The characters do take damage on more than a few Degrees of Failure on failed Medicae{Int} test. Also I think without a medical bay or narthicum or similar healing devices the wounds take 1 wound per week on a heavily injured character and 1 wound per day on a lightly injured character.

#4 Grimsson

Grimsson

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Well they are all similar. I know the rules for Full Automatic Fire, or whatever it is called, is different from book to book. Or at least from DH to BC.

But if you think about it in a meta-gaming kind of way adding damage to degrees of failure to medicae tests gives a real incentive to train in it.

#5 Dramacydle

Dramacydle

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Well who could go wrong with training in Medicae. If Medicae was open to me, it would have to be one of the top advanced skills that I would like in game. Just from a deathwatch perspective, the Apothecary really appeals to me. I always liked playing the healing type character, just that sometimes I would pick a healing type character because the party always needed one.

#6 Grimsson

Grimsson

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Well personally I'd take it if I played, but I GM. Most of my PCs are all about DPS (unfortunately) some do have it though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS